Are you a fellow physics student using Purcell & Kleppner?

In summary, the conversation is about two physics textbooks, Kleppner and Kolenkow and Purcell, and how the participants have used them in their studies. One of them is currently using Purcell and is very satisfied with it, while the other has used both books and finds them sophisticated and impressive. They also discuss their academic level and express admiration for each other's dedication to reading these books.
ZPower
Hey guys, I used Kleppner and Kolenkow last semster,it is an alright book, although sometimes a bit to dry and heavy in its explanations, and am using Purcell now, the Berkeley edition, very happy and satisfied by it.

Just curious if there are any fellow physics students using these books?

yes, just name your school,

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't used them in class, but I do read them on my own time.

wow, I'm quite impressed, these are pretty sofisticated books. Thats some devotion and charecter.

What year are you? I am a first.

ps. glad 2 hear someonsle uses these books 2.

not in class, but i absolutely love purcell.

1. What is the "Purcell & Kleppner" textbook about?

The "Purcell & Kleppner" textbook is a widely used physics textbook that covers classical mechanics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics.

2. Who are Purcell and Kleppner?

Edward Mills Purcell and David J. Kleppner were two prominent physicists who co-authored the "Purcell & Kleppner" textbook. Purcell was a Nobel Prize winner for his work in nuclear magnetic resonance, while Kleppner was known for his contributions to atomic and molecular physics.

3. Is "Purcell & Kleppner" suitable for beginners?

While the textbook covers introductory topics in physics, it is primarily designed for college-level students who have a background in calculus and basic physics concepts.

4. How does "Purcell & Kleppner" differ from other physics textbooks?

One of the key distinctions of "Purcell & Kleppner" is its emphasis on conceptual understanding and problem-solving techniques rather than simply memorizing equations. It also includes historical context and real-world applications to make the material more engaging.

5. Are there any online resources available for "Purcell & Kleppner"?

Yes, there are various online resources such as practice problems, lecture notes, and interactive simulations that accompany the textbook. These can be found on the publisher's website or through a simple internet search.