The Three Purposes of the Universe: A Revelation.

• Thread starter Entity
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the universe has a purpose for being, humanity has a purpose for being, and the purpose of the universe and humanity is to become known to exist.
complexPHILOSOPHY said:
This is pure conjecture

I agree. :approve:

Space news on Phys.org
out of whack said:
I agree. :approve:

Is that your response? It is conjecture because it is unfalsifiable, as are most abstract notions of reality. I fail to see how it being conjecture, in anyway detracts from the argument.

You can not posit any conditions for the purpose of the Universe, that are directly falsifiable! What is your argument? You have asked me questions, which I answered and then you quoted my own comment about my conjecture and used that to conclude it was invalid.

Is this your method of discussion?

There is nothing wrong here. You make some claim. I ask to see your proof of what you claim. You yourself conclude that your claim is pure conjecture. I agree that it is. You're upset?

out of whack said:
There is nothing wrong here. You make some claim. I ask to see your proof of what you claim. You yourself conclude that your claim is pure conjecture. I agree that it is. You're upset?

Upset? No, dood, I am laughing. It's a discussion on a board homie and I am at work currently. I gave you my proof, now respond to it.

There is plenty there for you to go through and pick apart. You have yet to provide a single contention in this discussion. I wrote the thing in like five minutes, I don't understand what your requirements are, lol.

SILLY INTERNET KIDS! (again, I am kidding incase the intonation gets lost in translation from oral to text).

Last edited:
mubashirmansoor said:
I'm shocked... Since this is exactly what I needed to understand a number of phenomenas... Please tell me some more on that, How did you come up with that? what's the logic behind this statement of yours?

I'll be eagerly waiting for your reply. :)

mosassam said:
That fetal reflection seems to have worked out a treat!
PS: Any views on substituting "Function" for "Purpose"?

----

moe darklight said:
the universe actually has two purposes, not one. after 19 years of formulating a hypothesis, and nine months of quiet fetal reflection, I have come to the following conclusion:

purpose A of the universe must both precede and superimpose purpose B.
purpose B must superimpose, but under no circumstances precede purpose A.

therefore:

purpose A of the universe is for purpose B to be achieved.

purpose B of the universe is to exist until purpose A is achieved.

hope that clarifies everything. now sleep sound everyone.

thank you for your support of my emerging theory... I actually have incredible news!

I was looking through the numbers last night (sorry mubashirmansoor, I would post the equations but just the first equation is around 10 pages long! ... besides, I feel the mathematical complexity and philosophical implications would be beyond anyone here at PF anyway). anyway, looking through the numbers I realized something. how did I not see it before? I don't know... it turns out there is a third kind of purpose for the universe, I have labeled it purpose A1, as it does not seem to fit into the same category of purposes A and B.

the fascinating thing about purpose A1, is that it is to be achieved once purpose B has been achieved, yet it cannot exist once purpose A has been achieved!

this seeming paradox had me most perplexed! after all, wouldn't this imply that the purposes of the universe cancel each other out?

indeed, to the unsophisticated mind. but upon further contemplation I realized the following principle: the three purposes of the universe do not cancel each other out; instead, purpose A1 interacts with purposes A and B in a way that perpetually forces them into different states... how can I describe this better without going into overly-complex concepts... imagine these three purposes of the universe as a line, a string of sorts. with my discovery of purpose A1, the three interconnected and superimposed purposes of the universe (this string) is constantly in motion... "vibrating," for lack of a better word!

why three purposes to the universe? why are they superimposed in this manner? ... I am yet to resolve this issue. but at least I have solved, at last, this most relevant of questions: what is the purpose of the universe? . ending once and for all the need for speculation.

Last edited: