Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Purpose of this forum

1. Apr 18, 2008 #1
    Another purpose of this forum is to learn about Special & General Relativity by my posts I have learnt a lot about this topic. I find it impossible to learn about a topic wihtout asking questions by way of example or challengin an answer.

If I am breaching the rules of this forum by learning through this method then by all means kick me off. If you do kick me off I would be happy to go as obviosuly freedom of speech is not encouraged here which I beleiev breaches severl US statutes and the US consitiution, and this forum is really just a dictatorship "accept what I say or go"

You will note in all my posts I have never said the post was my theory I simply post an example and ask if my analysis is wrong. People on this forum are completly at liberty to reply or ignore so if you think my posts are wasting your time fine dont reply, dont even read them

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2008 #2

JesseM

Science Advisor

It would help if you just asked questions about what would happen in a given scenario rather than present your own suggested answers which contradict SR.

4. Apr 18, 2008 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

When you say something like:

.. this is NOT a sign of somebody who wants to learn. You have ALREADY made up your mind about this. So don't look as if you're the innocent party here.

Zz.

5. Apr 18, 2008 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

By the way, this argument comes up again and again, so I want to make this clear: the US constitutional right to free speech doesn't apply here, because this is a privately owned service. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, just like any other privately owned establishment. Your argument is a red herring.

- Warren

6. Apr 20, 2008 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Reminds me of something mentioned by Epictetus - "It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows". Or perhaps in this case, "it is impossible to learn if one thinks one already knows."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?