Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

"Push Gravity"

1. Jul 24, 2014 #1
    I've been doing research on Le Sage's theory of gravitation, anyone interested in discussing the possibility of "push Gravity"?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2014 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Not here, no, unless you can provide references from the professional scientific literature indicating that there is significant current or recent discussion of Le Sage type theories in the professional scientific community. Otherwise any discussion has to be in a purely historical context.

You can review our rules on non-mainstream / speculative / obsolete theories by clicking the "Site Info" link at the top of the page, and choosing "Rules & Guidelines."

Wikipedia seems to have a pretty thorough history of these theories, with a summary of their current status at the end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Sage's_theory_of_gravitation

4. Jul 24, 2014 #3
    Well actually I'm interested more in discussion of the Higgs Field, the reason I brought up Le Sage was because I believe that the Higgs boson is prime candidate for Le Sage's Corpuscles (the undiscovered particles that are colliding with matter from all sides).

5. Jul 24, 2014 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Good luck with your endeavors in that direction. Unfortunately you'll have to pursue that line of thought elsewhere.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook