Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pushing/anti pulling muscles

1. May 31, 2008 #1
    ok so i need a bit of help

ok i'm not sure what i have but to describe it: It is in my lower back. It doesn't hurt when i don't use my back, doesn't hurt too much when i run. When it hurts it's a sharp stining pain. Do these sypmtoms sound like a pulled muscle or a strained muscle. What are the best ways to recover from muscle pain? I've messaged it with deep heat and arnica oil. I've put a heat wrap on it aswell. The reason I've doen those things is that when I've strained my neck muscle they have worked. By the way i know time is probably the best solution however I'm looking for any other tips or things i could do to speed up the process

thanks

_Muddy_

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Might be a trapped nerve if its sharp and stinging. But go and see a doctor if it persists as nobody here can diagnose you.

4. May 31, 2008 #3
    That's what my brother thought. But i was wondering if anyone knew any good ways of helping to get rid of the pain

5. May 31, 2008 #4

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hi Muddy! :smile:

Neck … lower back … looks like the same problem with different symptoms.

Go to a chiropractor (or osteopath) … they know a lot more about the spine than your doctor does. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?