Solve PVg Volume-Weight Problem: 28 N Required

In summary, the conversation is about a problem involving a bathball floating on water and the amount of force needed to submerge it completely. The first part calculates the bathball's mass and the second part discusses using the formula "p*v*g /p" to determine the necessary force. The conversation ends with a request for a formula to solve the problem.
Izekid
I have a problem that I can't solve,

A bathball with the volume 3,0dm^3 is floating on water and has 6,0% of it's volume down in the water.

a) Count the bathball's mass , Easy : 0,06*3,0= 1,8hg = 0,18 kg

Now comes the real problem

b) how much power do you need to use to force the whole bathball down under water?

Well for this I though i'd use p*v*g /p (where p is water density)
Water density 1,0 * 10^3 = 1000*0,3m^3*9,82 = 2946 / 1000 = 2,946 N

Which totaly wrong it should be 28 N how do I solve this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Draw a diagram. You should have three forces.

"p*v*g /p"
How did you get this?

Eh?

Don't know what you're suggesting please understand I'm no science freak :cry: :cry: :bugeye: :rofl: :zzz:

Yeah I have 3 forces gravity is one my power pressing the bathball down is one and the will to go up is the third. But I do not not the force pressing the item down!?
And how do I get to know that ?
Give me a formula or something?

There isn't much help I can give without solving the problem. Here goes, though:

Well, the forces should equal zero (for the minimal force).
So:
[tex]mg + F = \rho _{water} Vg[/tex]

1. What is the PVg Volume-Weight Problem?

The PVg Volume-Weight Problem is a mathematical equation used to calculate the volume and weight of an object based on its density, gravitational force, and pressure.

2. How is the PVg Volume-Weight Problem solved?

The PVg Volume-Weight Problem is solved by using the formula V = m/(ρg), where V is the volume, m is the mass, ρ is the density, and g is the gravitational force.

3. Why is the PVg Volume-Weight Problem important?

The PVg Volume-Weight Problem is important because it allows scientists to accurately determine the volume and weight of objects, which is essential for various fields such as engineering, physics, and chemistry.

4. How do you know that 28 N is required in the PVg Volume-Weight Problem?

The value of 28 N is most likely given in the problem as the required gravitational force. This information, along with the mass and density of the object, can be used to solve for the volume.

5. Can the PVg Volume-Weight Problem be used for all types of objects?

Yes, the PVg Volume-Weight Problem can be used for any object as long as its mass, density, and gravitational force are known. However, the object must be in a stable environment with constant pressure for the equation to accurately calculate the volume and weight.