How to Connect PWM to a Multilevel Inverter Using H-Bridge and MOSFET?

• Thread starter brandon_6436
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Inverter
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with connecting a PWM drive circuit to a multilevel inverter using an H-bridge method. The individual asks for assistance in determining what components and model to use in the multilevel inverter, and how to connect two 7493 binary counters to count more digits and start from a preset value of 1000 instead of 0000.
brandon_6436
urgent...PWM--->Multilevel inverter

I hv a problem about the connection. i got this two circuits, but the problem now is how to connect this two circuits? Becoz, PWM only generates square waveform, and now , which circuit can i use to connect from PWM to Multilevel inverter(H-bridge method (mosfet))? thanks for helping me!

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you be more specific in your question please? You have a PWM drive circuit (what voltages, what frequencies?) that you want to connect to a motor's H-bridge transistor drive circuit? Can you please post schematics of what you are asking about?

i hv a problem about design a h-bridge multilevel inverter.
Question is wat components and model should use in multilevel inverter?

if i use 7493(4 bit binary counter), it only can count up to 16(decimal), so how do use two 7493 connect together to let it count up more digits? use 1st 7493 ouputs connect all together go through into a "and gate" then connect to 2nd 7493?

second question, how do i preset it count up from " 1000" not start from "0000"?
thanks

What is PWM and how does it relate to multilevel inverters?

PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation, and it is a technique used to control the amount of power delivered to a load by varying the width of the electrical pulses. In the context of multilevel inverters, PWM is used to control the output voltage levels of the inverter by switching the voltage levels of its components.

What are the advantages of using PWM in multilevel inverters?

PWM offers several advantages in multilevel inverters, such as improved voltage and current waveforms, reduced harmonic distortion, and increased efficiency. It also allows for better control of the output voltage levels, making it suitable for various applications and loads.

What is the difference between single-level and multilevel inverters?

Single-level inverters produce a single output voltage level, while multilevel inverters can produce multiple output voltage levels. This is achieved by combining multiple power switches and capacitors in the multilevel inverter, allowing for a smoother output voltage waveform.

What are the different PWM techniques used in multilevel inverters?

There are several PWM techniques used in multilevel inverters, including sinusoidal PWM, space vector PWM, and selective harmonic elimination PWM. These techniques differ in the way they generate and control the output voltage levels, and each has its advantages and disadvantages.

What are some common applications of PWM-based multilevel inverters?

PWM-based multilevel inverters are commonly used in renewable energy systems, such as solar and wind power systems, to convert the DC output into AC. They are also used in motor drives, uninterruptible power supplies, and other high-power applications that require precise and efficient control of the output voltage levels.