Python Tries to Eat Alligator, Explodes

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Python
In summary, the gator tried to swallow the python whole, and when the python exploded, the gator's remains were found. Some people think that the python owners should be fed to the snakes because of their irresponsible pet-keeping, and the article raises the question of whether there are any responsible exotic/dangerous-pet owners.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
MIAMI, Fla. — Alligators have clashed with nonnative pythons before in Everglades National Park. But when a 6-foot gator tangled with a 13-foot python recently, the result wasn't pretty.

The snake apparently tried to swallow the gator whole — and then exploded. Scientists stumbled upon the gory remains last week [continued]
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171358,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
Ewwww, I could have done without that before going to bed. :frown:

Evo said:
Ewwww, I could have done without that before going to bed. :frown:

You're such as girl. :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

AWESOME! One less snake in this world!

Hence, everything in moderation; o:)

There are pythons in the Everglades?! Oh, I see. People who don't want the snakes as pets anymore just drop them off wherever. Aren't there laws against that? :grumpy:

honestrosewater said:
There are pythons in the Everglades?! Oh, I see. People who don't want the snakes as pets anymore just drop them off wherever. Aren't there laws against that? :grumpy:
I think we ought to feed the owners to the snakes. :devil:

Evo said:
I think we ought to feed the owners to the snakes. :devil:
Heh. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. :devil:
The article says that some people let the snakes go because they become afraid of them (Yes, I would be afraid of a 13-foot python too - that's why I DON'T OWN ANY! :rolleyes:). So - yeah - here's the thinking: I bought this snake and now I'm afraid that it will hurt me. So I will just dump it off somewhere where it can hurt other people. Oy.
I wonder if the people who sell exotic animals take any pains to educate their customers. "This is just a baby. If you feed it, it will grow. Introducing non-native plants and animals into an ecosystem can have serious, negative consequences..." Are there any responsible exotic/dangerous-pet owners here? What did you have to do to get the pet? Did the seller tell you anything?

1. What is "Python Tries to Eat Alligator, Explodes" about?

"Python Tries to Eat Alligator, Explodes" is a fictional story about a python who attempts to eat an alligator, but ends up exploding due to the alligator's tough skin.

2. Is this story based on real events?

No, this story is purely fictional and does not depict any real events or animals.

3. Why does the python explode?

The python explodes because it was unable to digest the alligator's tough skin, causing a buildup of gases inside its body that eventually lead to the explosion.

4. What is the moral of this story?

The moral of this story is to be mindful of your capabilities and limitations, and not to underestimate the strength of others.

5. Who wrote "Python Tries to Eat Alligator, Explodes"?

This story was written by an unknown author and is often used as a humorous example in programming tutorials to demonstrate the concept of "try and except" in Python.

Back