Q about PEDs > I need some help

• Thread starter thepioneerm
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a transformed result and a missing term in an equation. The speaker also mentions the necessary next steps and reaching the end result. They mention the use of latex and learning its basics.
thepioneerm
Please:

attachment.php?attachmentid=18691&stc=1&d=1241015698.jpg

Attachments

• How.JPG
    How.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 389
Physics news on Phys.org
I had a look at it and after a few minutes I got a transformed result, but indeed it is not the one given. However there seems to be a term missing in the left hand side containing the time t. After using the transformation I got (without the term with the time):

[tex]u^*\frac{\partial u^*}{\partial x^*}+ v^*\frac{\partial u^*}{\partial y^*}= m\cdot \frac{U^{n-1}}{L^n}\cdot \left[M\cdot \theta + \frac{\partial}{\partial y^*} \left[\left|\frac{\partial u^*}{\partial y^*}\right| ^{n-1} \right]\cdot \frac{\partial u^*}{\partial y^*}\right][/tex]

Maybe the term with t can shed some light on the necessary next step, otherwise I do not see how to reach the end result.

coomast

coomast

thank you very much

but how do you reach this result ??!

please can you explain it to me

even I don't know how to get

attachment.php?attachmentid=18694&stc=1&d=1241032119.png

Attachments

• 2178788-0.png
    2178788-0.png
    394 bytes · Views: 451
thepioneerm said:
coomast

thank you very much

but how do you reach this result ??!

please can you explain it to me

even I don't know how to get

pfff...the preview gives a different formula then the one I'm typing, I assume the latex is still broken

This is done in the same way as before, you have:

[tex]v\frac{\partial u}{\partial y}=v^*U\frac{\partial u^*U}{\partial y^*L} = \frac{U^2}{L} v^*\frac{\partial u^*}{\partial y^*}[/tex]

After doing this to the other terms as well, you end up with the result I gave earlier. Beware of the error in the question, you will not be able to reach the solution given.

remark 1: sorry for the late reply, I had a busy week
remark 2: don't use a font this big, it looks as if you are shouting which is not the intention I suppose, instead look at learning the basics of latex, it will be helpfull in producing the nice formula's out here :-) [if the bloody thing works, lol]

seems the latex is OK after all... this does not follow a mathematical rule, perhaps something chaotic...could be me as well...

best regards,

coomast

coomast

thank thank thank you very very very much

and I will not use a font this big ^-^

and I will try to learn the basics of latex

thank you

What are PEDs?

PEDs, or Performance Enhancing Drugs, are substances that are used to improve athletic performance. They can include anabolic steroids, stimulants, hormones, and other drugs.

Are PEDs illegal?

In most cases, yes. The use of PEDs is prohibited by most sports organizations and governing bodies. In addition, many PEDs are classified as controlled substances and are illegal to possess without a prescription.

What are the potential risks of using PEDs?

The use of PEDs can have serious side effects, including liver damage, heart problems, and hormonal imbalances. In addition, using PEDs can also result in negative consequences such as suspension or ban from sports competitions and damage to one's reputation.

Can PEDs be detected in drug tests?

Yes, most PEDs can be detected in drug tests. However, there are some newer and more advanced drugs that may not be detectable yet. It is important to note that drug tests are constantly evolving and becoming more sensitive, making it difficult for athletes to cheat the system.

What are the alternatives to using PEDs?

There are many ways to enhance athletic performance without the use of PEDs. Some examples include proper nutrition, training, and rest. Natural supplements, when used correctly and under the guidance of a healthcare professional, can also provide some performance benefits without the risks of PEDs.