Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

QFT cutting rules

1. Aug 13, 2007 #1

Homework Helper

I am wondering whether someone can suggest a good ref or two (preferrably with worked example) on how to use Cutkosky (or whatever it is called) cutting rules in QFT to help pick out the absorptive/Imaginary part of a 1- or 2-loops diagrams. I have already tried Peskin and Schroeder, which is good only up to a certain level.

are there actually improved version of these cutting rules these days?

thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2011 #2
    hi, maybe you can find somethig useful at Itzykson Zuber where the rule is explained...
    You can also find some papres at hep-th and there are other refs at a previous post.
  4. Oct 31, 2013 #3
    Perhaps you can try arXiv:hep-ph/9709423. I haven't looked at it yet but it looks useful. The example given is gg→gH.
  5. Oct 31, 2013 #4

Staff: Mentor

This thread is over 6 years old. I doubt the OP is still looking for help.
  6. Nov 1, 2013 #5
    yeah. that's what i first thought, but i decided to reply anyway, for completeness. people googling cutkosky rules might find it of epsilon use.
  7. Apr 15, 2015 #6
    I'll just add, I found the paper mentioned by peaelle42 to be very useful and informative. I don't think there should be anything wrong with reviving an old thread if one has something useful to add, and this was such a case (StackOverflow even gives a badge for answering old questions that are probably long-forgotten by the OP--it can still be useful to future readers).

(In the case of my comment here, incidentally also my first post on this form, I *do* apologize for yet again bumping an old thread.)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted