1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

QFT cutting rules

1. Aug 13, 2007 #1

mjsd

Homework Helper

I am wondering whether someone can suggest a good ref or two (preferrably with worked example) on how to use Cutkosky (or whatever it is called) cutting rules in QFT to help pick out the absorptive/Imaginary part of a 1- or 2-loops diagrams. I have already tried Peskin and Schroeder, which is good only up to a certain level.

are there actually improved version of these cutting rules these days?

thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2011 #2
    hi, maybe you can find somethig useful at Itzykson Zuber where the rule is explained...
    You can also find some papres at hep-th and there are other refs at a previous post.

4. Oct 31, 2013 #3
    Hi,
    Perhaps you can try arXiv:hep-ph/9709423. I haven't looked at it yet but it looks useful. The example given is gg→gH.

5. Oct 31, 2013 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

This thread is over 6 years old. I doubt the OP is still looking for help.

6. Nov 1, 2013 #5
    yeah. that's what i first thought, but i decided to reply anyway, for completeness. people googling cutkosky rules might find it of epsilon use.

7. Apr 15, 2015 #6
    I'll just add, I found the paper mentioned by peaelle42 to be very useful and informative. I don't think there should be anything wrong with reviving an old thread if one has something useful to add, and this was such a case (StackOverflow even gives a badge for answering old questions that are probably long-forgotten by the OP--it can still be useful to future readers).

(In the case of my comment here, incidentally also my first post on this form, I *do* apologize for yet again bumping an old thread.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook