Explore the Mystical Power of "Qi"/"Ch'i"

• Thread starter Polly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Power
In summary, "Qi" or "Ch'i" is an ancient Chinese concept that is often associated with energy or breath, but some believe it is a deeper level of consciousness. It is mentioned in various religions and philosophies, including Taoism. While some see it as a symbol of universal order and harmony, others have experienced its power firsthand.
Polly
"Qi"/"Ch'i"

Dear Sirs,

I have been reading about Chinese medicine and Feng Shui (yes, I know) and often come across the above notion. There is never any exposition on this arcane substance in the text other than that it is a "breath" or "energy". My guess though is that it is a deeper level of consciousness.

Would any of you please point me to the right direction?

Many thanks and regards,
Polly

Physics news on Phys.org
The bible. "The living water" It is one and the same. References to this have been made in most religions if not all. You are only required to look. Taoism is another. There is one place you may look if you are truly interested in this subject. It will be there that you find the best source of all.

Thank you for your pointer. Personally I find both the Bible and Taoism more mystifying than demystifying and that is why I am looking for a more materialistic/scientific answer. But I will revisit them if there is nothing else I could find. Thanks again.

Can light be used to see that which is smaller than itself? There is only one way.

Originally posted by TENYEARS
Can light be used to see that which is smaller than itself?

No, that's what electron microscopes are for. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I have been reading about Chinese medicine and Feng Shui (yes, I know) and often come across the above notion. There is never any exposition on this arcane substance in the text other than that it is a "breath" or "energy". My guess though is that it is a deeper level of consciousness.
Nah. Eastern philosophies on Chi etc link it to the idea of universal order, or harmony. Chi is part of the world, and something altogether different from personal consciousness. Seen in a materialist fashion, it is a label for the abstract ideal of order, or life. It is a transposition of the subjective ideas of how the world ought to be, onto reality.

Hi, The order Taoism implies includes a large helping of chaos.

:smile: Thank you all very much guys, for your help. Actually I don't think Ch'i is just a notion or philosophical term, far from even a peaceful force, it is very very powerful from my experience. Before I could even spelt the word, I felt it in my face - imagine a cyclinder of gas exploding 15 feet from you but without the heat and fire. That was what I felt.

It feels great to be helped, hee hee and many thanks again!

What is "Qi" or "Ch'i"?

"Qi" or "Ch'i" is a concept in traditional Chinese medicine and philosophy that refers to the vital energy or life force that flows through all living things.

How is "Qi" related to health and well-being?

In traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed that a balanced flow of "Qi" is essential for maintaining good health and preventing illness. When "Qi" is blocked or imbalanced, it can lead to physical, mental, and emotional issues.

How can one explore the mystical power of "Qi"?

There are various practices and techniques that can help individuals tap into the power of "Qi" and enhance its flow. These include acupuncture, tai chi, qigong, and meditation.

What are the benefits of exploring "Qi"?

Exploring the mystical power of "Qi" can have numerous benefits, including improved physical health, increased energy and vitality, reduced stress and anxiety, and a deeper connection with oneself and the world around us.

Is there any scientific evidence to support the concept of "Qi"?

While the concept of "Qi" may not be fully understood by Western science, there is growing research and evidence that supports its effects on health and well-being. For example, studies have shown that acupuncture can stimulate the release of endorphins and other neurotransmitters, which can help relieve pain and promote healing.