Can Quantum Mechanics and Art Coexist?

• Thread starter cor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Art Qm
In summary, Cor Bakker, an artist and scientist, discusses his belief in quantum mechanics and its connection to reality and perception. He also mentions his installations that explore the relationship between reality and the observer's projections. He introduces himself as a believer of quantum mechanics and a painter, and shares his interest in classical music and translating songs. He also mentions trying to download a movie and clarifies that he is not a university-degree scientist.
cor
Hello readers,
googling to qm and painting I found the name of Egbert Rijke as painter and scientist (space-time etc.).
At this moment imposseble to mail him I introduce myself as not-dr(s)-HTS-scolared believer of the QM and...painter. I suppose that some aspects of qm / world / reality behind shall be visible for the observer making his own wheeler-choice or possible reality-free-of me?
Especially is my installations I work with observing between reality and the projections / daydream of the observer.

For Dutch speaking persons google for my question in another forum to "quantummechanica""schilderen"
Greetings, Cor Bakker, Amstelveen (near Amsterdam), Holland

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cor Bakker, are you the pianist in the Paul de Leeuw Show on Dutch TV ?

marlon

Was that coherent to anyone? What is a not-dr(s)-HTS-scolared believer of the QM?

daniel_i_l said:
Was that coherent to anyone? What is a not-dr(s)-HTS-scolared believer of the QM?

It's not supposed to be coherent. He's a Dutch artist for goodness sake! :biggrin:

Welcome to PF Cor, unfortunately we don't allow links advertising personal websites of this nature. However people are free to look you up on the internet if they wish.

I have no idea what this thread is about....

Anyway, welcome!

cor said:
At this moment imposseble to mail him I introduce myself as not-dr(s)-HTS-scolared believer of the QM and...painter. I suppose that some aspects of qm / world / reality behind shall be visible for the observer making his own wheeler-choice or possible reality-free-of me?
Especially is my installations I work with observing between reality and the projections / daydream of the observer.
QM is something you don't "believe" in. It's a way of life.

marlon said:
Cor Bakker, are you the pianist in the Paul de Leeuw Show on Dutch TV ?

marlon

Hello Marlon, I'm not, but I like seeing Paul de Leeuw on TV and listening to classical piano music. I translate Mahler and Schubert songs in dutch, TRY to sing them, but my pianist is a (internet) midi-file, coupled to a human-partiture in which my text is typed.
When my computer with ethernetcart is coupled on my adsl-cabinet (kastje!) I try to download your movie. I try it now with my old 28kilobaut-kastje. Bye bye.
Cor Bakker.

Mk said:
QM is something you don't "believe" in. It's a way of life.

In the sense of "believing" in God?
Cor

daniel_i_l said:

Dear Daniel, I did a high technical scole in electronics, and read much, but I'm not a univercity-degree scientist,
Cor:blushing:

1. What is the relationship between quantum mechanics and art?

Quantum mechanics and art are both branches of human understanding that seek to explain the world around us. However, they approach this goal in very different ways. Quantum mechanics is a scientific field that deals with the behavior of particles at a subatomic level, while art is a creative expression of human experiences and emotions. Despite their differences, both quantum mechanics and art offer unique perspectives on the nature of reality and can coexist in a complementary manner.

2. Can quantum mechanics be applied to art?

While quantum mechanics is primarily concerned with the behavior of particles, its principles can also be applied to other fields, including art. Some artists have incorporated concepts from quantum mechanics, such as entanglement and uncertainty, into their work. Additionally, the study of quantum mechanics can inspire new ways of thinking and creativity in artists.

3. How has quantum mechanics influenced art?

The principles of quantum mechanics, such as superposition and entanglement, have inspired artists to explore new forms and ways of expressing themselves. For example, some artists have used quantum computers to create unique artworks, while others have incorporated quantum concepts into their performances or installations.

4. Is there a limit to how much quantum mechanics can be incorporated into art?

There is no limit to how much quantum mechanics can be incorporated into art. As our understanding of quantum mechanics continues to grow, so too does its potential for influencing and inspiring art. However, it is important for artists to also consider the accessibility and understanding of their work for audiences who may not have a background in quantum mechanics.

5. Can quantum mechanics and art coexist peacefully?

Yes, quantum mechanics and art can coexist peacefully. While they may seem like vastly different fields, they both seek to understand and explain the world around us. By embracing the unique perspectives and insights offered by both quantum mechanics and art, we can gain a deeper understanding of the world and our place in it.