How Can Quantum Physics Enhance Pain Management Techniques?

• Thread starter DrFoster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resources
In summary, a new member has joined the forum with a background in anesthesiology and an interest in Chinese Traditional Medicine (CTM) and its relationship with the human body and consciousness. They became interested in anesthesiology after being injured and wanted to learn more about what happens to the brain when someone is unconscious. They are looking for recommendations on books, videos, and seminars related to quantum physics in their free time. However, they have been informed that this forum is dedicated to academically accepted mainstream quantum physics and not personal theories or idle speculation. They have acknowledged this and will look into other avenues for research.
DrFoster
Hi all, I just registered here as a resource for study with this intriguing subject.

Just a little to introduce myself, I'm an Anesthesiologist working mostly in pain management and just getting my feet wet with CTM, or Chinese Traditional Medicine (vast amounts to learn for me there in cell reception and protein uptake & manufacturing, as well as how it can build "muscle memory" for the human body and it's molecular reactions to constant inputs from positive or negative environments).

I became interested in Anesthesia after being shot three times in the Gulf while on active duty in the Marine Corps as an Officer. I suffered from 2 vertebrae fractures, a knee replacement, and broken toes and heel bones, so finding non-chemical ways of pain management was my new passion, and became enough of an interest to actually go back to school and start giving the "gift" of pain relief back to others.

I initially came across this subject when I was with a profound interest in knowing what actually "happens" to the brain when we knock someone out (where do they "go"), and then I started to expand into the arenas of humans and consciousness - and how this higher order of thought process with regard to Quantum Physics is involved in it. A co-worker actually said he saw a movie about the same subject a while back, but says it was an obscure documentary covering much more from Religion to an Electrostatic field around objects, but could not recall the title. Likewise, googling the subject is just MASSIVE and could take a decade to just sort through the pages found on the subject.

I'm glad someone put together a forum for Quantum Physics and I hope to be bumping off ideas, thoughts, and ramblings to the members here. The few threads I have read already seem to hold a lot of information, and should keep me fed for quite some time.

Since I'm going to be the FNG here for while, I thought I'd start by asking if anyone can supply me with some points of interest, books, videos, websites or any other areas I can study with in my free time, as well as if anyone knows of members in the Denver area, or seminars that I can attend that would be close. Any other points for the "Noob" would be a great starting block for me.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

I'd like to take the time to mention that this forum is actually not an appropriate place for "bumping off ideas, thoughts, and ramblings." We do not, in fact, permit personal theories or idle speculation here, as per our posting guidelines. This forum is dedicated to a discussion of academically accepted, mainstream quantum physics. This does not extend to topics like Chinese medicine, consciousness, or anything of the sort. The truth is that virtually of the so-called research that supposes a confluence of quantum physics and consciousness is garbage.

If you'd like to have discussions here, please keep the following rule of thumb in mind: If you can't find it in a standard quantum mechanics textbook, it likely will not be welcome here.

Our posting guidelines can be found here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

- Warren

Last edited:
Thanks for the speedy reply,

You can delete this post - After reviewing the thread you listed, I believe I made an error in posting here to start with. Like I said, it is a "new" subject to me, and I'll look into other arenas for research before posting back here.

We appreciate your cooperation.

- Warren

1. What is "QP For Noobs - resources"?

"QP For Noobs - resources" refers to a set of resources designed to help beginners understand and use the concept of quantum programming (QP). These resources typically include tutorials, code samples, and other educational materials.

2. Why is it important for beginners to have resources for QP?

Quantum programming is a complex and specialized field that can be difficult for beginners to grasp. Having resources specifically tailored for beginners can help them better understand the concepts and techniques involved in QP, and make it easier for them to get started with quantum programming.

3. What types of resources are typically included in "QP For Noobs - resources"?

The resources included in "QP For Noobs - resources" can vary, but they often include tutorials, code samples, interactive demos, and other educational materials. Some resources may also include forums or other online communities where beginners can ask questions and get help from more experienced quantum programmers.

4. Are "QP For Noobs - resources" only for beginners?

No, "QP For Noobs - resources" can be useful for anyone interested in quantum programming, regardless of their level of experience. However, these resources are particularly helpful for beginners who are just starting to learn about QP.

5. Where can I find "QP For Noobs - resources"?

There are many online sources for "QP For Noobs - resources", including educational websites, quantum programming communities, and online platforms that offer courses on QP. A simple internet search can help you find the best resources for your needs.