What practical problems can be solved with QTC pills?

In summary: QTC pills in a circuit as a sensor. One idea could be to test different frequencies of sound at the same volume and see if they produce different results when picked up by a microphone with an oscilloscope. Another idea could be to test an LDR with different colored light at the same intensity. You can also explore various Arduino sensor projects for inspiration, including gas sensors, temperature sensors, motion sensors, and more.
richnfg
I thought this would have to go in the homework topic, but its not really homework its more off a project - so I posted here. :P

I need to do a project for my physics coursework involving sensors and it can be pretty much anything as long as it involves sensors. I've been stuck for ideas (all the obvious ones have been taken and everyone has to do something different) and my teacher said to look into QTC pills and maybe do something around there.

I really just can't think what to do... :mad:

Anyone have any ideas what I can test with a QTC pill (oh yeah, it has to be related to a practical problem too)?

Here's an example of what someone has done: have different frequencies of a sound and keep it at the same volume. Put a microphone near it (with an oscilloscope) and see if different frequencies produce different results. Or testing an LDR with different coloured light at the same intensity.

Thanks in advance, Rich.

EDIT: how do these pills actually get used in a circuit? How do you include them? :confused:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Gotta be a record!

14.9 years for a response. :)) :))

Likes berkeman
Tom.G said:
Gotta be a record!

14.9 years for a response. :)) :))
I think I have replied to a thread posted in 2003, so this should be the second in the list.

• Wow
Likes Tom.G
Darn! I had some great ideas too!

1. What is the purpose of the QTC Pills Sensor Project?

The QTC Pills Sensor Project aims to develop a sensor technology using Quantum Tunnelling Composites (QTC) to detect and monitor the ingestion of pills in the human body.

2. How does the QTC Pills Sensor work?

The QTC Pills Sensor works by utilizing the electrical conductivity of QTC material to detect changes in the electrical resistance when it comes into contact with different substances, such as water or stomach acid. This change in resistance is then translated into a signal that can be monitored and recorded.

3. What are the potential applications of the QTC Pills Sensor?

The QTC Pills Sensor has the potential to be used in various medical and pharmaceutical applications, such as monitoring patient adherence to medication regimens, tracking drug absorption and effectiveness, and detecting counterfeit pills.

4. Is the QTC Pills Sensor safe for human use?

Yes, the QTC Pills Sensor is designed to be biocompatible and safe for human use. The QTC material used in the sensor has been extensively tested and is already used in other medical devices.

5. When will the QTC Pills Sensor be available for use?

The development and testing of the QTC Pills Sensor is still ongoing. Once the technology has been fully evaluated and approved, it will be made available for use in medical and pharmaceutical settings.