Help Those Affected by Sumatra Quake - Donate Now

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary, some of our members have been directly affected by the Sumatra Quake and it's devastating aftermath. In searching for a way to help, I've come across a site with a long list of disaster relief organizations. If you are so inclined, I'm sure they would be most happy to accept any type of donation you can muster.
Tsu
Gold Member
Some of our members have been directly affected by the Sumatra Quake and it's devastating aftermath. In searching for a way to help, I've come across a site with a long list of disaster relief organizations. If you are so inclined, I'm sure they would be most happy to accept any type of donation you can muster. :smile:

http://www.disasterrelief.org/GiveHelp/

Please feel free to add any other organizations to the list - especially ones that you have personally dealt with and feel confidant that your assistance has been well 'spent'.

Also - any of you who may be living this nightmare - if you feel there is an organization over there who is doing an exceptional job in their relief efforts, please tell us who they are and how to donate to them.

Thank you for your support. :smile: :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
great site Tsu...here in Portland, volunteers are already on their way to help...
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_122604_news_mercy_corps_quake_.4a794267.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you think it is a little ironic that Tsunami is posting this :rofl: :rofl:

dduardo said:
Don't you think it is a little ironic that Tsunami is posting this :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I never noticed!

I HAVE TO HELP!111 IT'S ALL MY FAULT!11111 :cry: :cry:

Really though, they are going to need a lot of help. This is a catastrophe for millions of people. I just can't get over the scope of this disaster.

based on what i have seen from previous catastrophes, the Red cross and the Prime minister relief fund are the most effective, because they are the most capable and trustworthy.. but the thing that worries me is how much help northern sri lanka will get, beccause it is controlled by the Tamil Tigers or LTTE or Tamil Eelam,who are considered terrorists by some countries, because they want to be a separate country, but sri lanka has the highest casualties from this incident, so i am just wondering if the LTTE tigers will get help...

This was discussed on several reports. When a disaster of this magnitude strikes, political barriers tend to fall away. The only concern expressed was whether or not the relief would be accepted.

I keep wondering if Author C. Clark is okay. He lives in Sri Lanka.

1. How will my donation be used to help those affected by the Sumatra quake?

Your donation will be used to provide immediate relief and long-term recovery for those affected by the Sumatra quake. This includes providing food, shelter, medical aid, and other necessary resources to help individuals and communities rebuild and recover.

2. Is there a specific organization or charity that my donation will go to?

Yes, your donation will go to a reputable and established organization that is actively working on the ground to provide aid and assistance to those affected by the Sumatra quake. You can choose to donate to a specific organization or donate to a general fund that will distribute the funds to various organizations.

3. Can I donate items instead of money?

While your generosity is appreciated, it is often more effective to donate money rather than items. This allows organizations to purchase and distribute necessary resources in a timely and efficient manner. However, if you have specific items that you would like to donate, it is best to check with the organization first to see if they are in need of those items.

4. Is my donation tax-deductible?

That depends on the organization you choose to donate to. Some organizations are registered as non-profit or charitable organizations and your donation may be tax-deductible. It is best to check with the specific organization or consult with a tax professional for more information.

5. How else can I help besides donating?

Besides donating, you can also help by spreading awareness and encouraging others to donate. You can also volunteer your time and skills to organizations that are actively providing aid in the affected areas. Additionally, you can support local businesses and communities in the affected areas by purchasing their products or services.