Instant Quantum Communicator: Does Time Dilation Affect Voice?

• B
  • Thread starter KaiEris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quantum
In summary: Quantum communication is a type of secure communication that uses quantum mechanics to encrypt and decrypt information. It is not instantaneous, as a classical communication channel is still necessary for the exchange of information. However, it is considered more secure than traditional communication methods because it relies on the principles of quantum mechanics, which are difficult to intercept or decode.
KaiEris
Let’s say I create two hypothetical quantum entanglement based network devices, A and B, which means communication between A and B is instantaneous. It works like a walkie talkie in that I talk into A and you can hear my voice in B, and vice versa.Now. I take device B with me on a spaceship and blast off traveling away from Earth at close to light speed whilst talking to the love of my life back home in Australia who has device A. Given time dilation does my voice (B) slow down on the receiving end (A) because I am ageing slower or does it sound normal because communication is instantaneous?

Physics news on Phys.org
KaiEris said:
Let’s say I create two hypothetical quantum entanglement based network devices, A and B, which means communication between A and B is instantaneous. It works like a walkie talkie in that I talk into A and you can hear my voice in B, and vice versa.Now. I take device B with me on a spaceship and blast off traveling away from Earth at close to light speed whilst talking to the love of my life back home in Australia who has device A. Given time dilation does my voice (B) slow down on the receiving end (A) because I am ageing slower or does it sound normal because communication is instantaneous?
You cannot , even hypothetically, use entanglement for instantaneous communication.

There are at least several threads in this forum where this is discussed.

KaiEris said:
Let’s say I create two hypothetical quantum entanglement based network devices, A and B, which means communication between A and B is instantaneous. It works like a walkie talkie in that I talk into A and you can hear my voice in B, and vice versa.
Quantum entanglement cannot be used for communicating. There is nothing Alice or Bob can do with their half of an entangled pair of particles that could even tell them if the particles were entangled to start with. A classical communication channel is necessary for Alice and Bob to exchange information.

Likes bhobba
DrClaude said:
Quantum entanglement cannot be used for communicating. There is nothing Alice or Bob can do with their half of an entangled pair of particles that could even tell them if the particles were entangled to start with. A classical communication channel is necessary for Alice and Bob to exchange information.

Ok. So how about if the comms was based on https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23679694/ something like this?

1. How does time dilation affect the voice in an instant quantum communicator?

Time dilation, as described by Einstein's theory of relativity, is the phenomenon where time appears to pass slower for objects moving at high speeds or in strong gravitational fields. In the case of an instant quantum communicator, time dilation does not affect the voice itself, but rather the transmission of the voice. This is because the communication is happening at the speed of light, which is not affected by time dilation.

2. Can time dilation cause delays in the transmission of voice through an instant quantum communicator?

No, time dilation does not cause delays in the transmission of voice through an instant quantum communicator. As mentioned before, the communication is happening at the speed of light, which is not affected by time dilation. Therefore, the voice will still be transmitted instantly, regardless of the effects of time dilation.

3. Is time dilation a concern for the accuracy of voice transmission in an instant quantum communicator?

No, time dilation is not a concern for the accuracy of voice transmission in an instant quantum communicator. The communication is happening at the speed of light, which is a constant and does not vary due to time dilation. Therefore, the voice will be transmitted accurately and without any distortion.

4. How does time dilation affect the synchronization of voice in an instant quantum communicator?

Time dilation does not affect the synchronization of voice in an instant quantum communicator. This is because the communication is happening at the speed of light, which is not affected by time dilation. Therefore, the voice will be synchronized in real-time without any delays or discrepancies.

5. Can time dilation affect the security of voice transmission in an instant quantum communicator?

No, time dilation does not affect the security of voice transmission in an instant quantum communicator. The communication is happening at the speed of light, which is not affected by time dilation. Additionally, quantum communication is inherently secure due to the principles of quantum mechanics, making it immune to any potential security threats posed by time dilation.