How powerful would a dream quantum computer be?

In summary, the conversation discusses the specifications of a dream PQC (Personal Quantum Computer) from the future, including a 4MQ processor, 1TB time crystal memory, 2PB atomic storage hard drive, 3D quantum dot screen with holographic display, and various quantum technology features such as a teleportation fax, 3D printer, and 3D scanner. The conversation also mentions the possibility of using time crystals for data storage and the need for processors that work with non-quantum bits. Ultimately, the conversation is deemed to not fit the subforum rules.
Ostrados
Just for fun let's imagine a dream PQC (Personal Quantum Computer) from the future:

Specifications:
- 4MQ Processer (4MQ = 4 Mega Qubits)
- 1TB Time Crystal Memory
- 2PB Atomic Storage Hard Drive (Peta Byte=1000TB)
- 3D Quantum Dot Screen with built in Holographic Display
- All in one Quantum Teleportation Fax + Quantum 3D printer + Quantum 3D scanner
- 1Terra FPS Webcam
- Quantum Cryptography Network card

I wonder how many FPS I will get if I run "Far Cry Primal" on this :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Ostrados said:
Just for fun let's imagine a dream PQC (Personal Quantum Computer) from the future:

Specifications:
- 4MQ Processor (4MQ = 4 Mega Qubits)
- 1TB Time Crystal Memory
- 2PB Atomic Storage Hard Drive (Peta Byte=1000TB)
- 3D Quantum Dot Screen with built in Holographic Display
- All in one Quantum Teleportation Fax + Quantum 3D printer + Quantum 3D scanner
- 1Terra FPS Webcam
- Quantum Cryptography Network card

I wonder how many FPS I will get if I run "Far Cry Primal" on this :smile:
Time crystal are not particularly good for storing and recovering data.
You will also need a processor (or an array of processors) that work with regular (non-quantum) bit.
So how about 1TCores each with 1TBytes of local storage a 1THz cycle time operating with only 10Watts of power?

1. What is a "Quantum Computer Dream PC"?

A Quantum Computer Dream PC is a type of computer that uses quantum bits, or qubits, to perform calculations. These computers have the potential to solve complex problems much faster than traditional computers.

2. How does a "Quantum Computer Dream PC" work?

A Quantum Computer Dream PC uses principles of quantum mechanics, such as superposition and entanglement, to perform calculations. Instead of binary bits, which can only represent 0 or 1, qubits can represent 0, 1, or both simultaneously, allowing for more complex calculations to be performed in parallel.

3. What are the potential applications of a "Quantum Computer Dream PC"?

A Quantum Computer Dream PC has the potential to revolutionize fields such as cryptography, drug discovery, and artificial intelligence. They could also greatly improve optimization problems, such as finding the most efficient route for a delivery truck or the best configuration for a complex system.

4. How is a "Quantum Computer Dream PC" different from a traditional computer?

Traditional computers use classical bits to perform calculations, while Quantum Computer Dream PCs use qubits. This allows for much faster and more efficient processing of complex problems. Additionally, traditional computers follow the laws of classical physics, while quantum computers follow the principles of quantum mechanics.

5. Are "Quantum Computer Dream PCs" available for purchase?

As of now, Quantum Computer Dream PCs are still in the early stages of development and are not yet available for purchase. However, there are companies and research institutions working on creating more powerful and commercially available quantum computers in the future.

Back