Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Computer

1. Oct 10, 2005 #1
    I Read About Richard Feynmann's Idea Of Using All The 32 Quantum States Of An Electron To Construct A Supercomputer Which Would Be Much Faster Than The Present Ones That Use Only The Two Binary States.i Do Not Understand How Data Could Be Stored This Way And How Such A Computer Could Be Built?
    In Search Of Enlightenment !!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2005 #2

tmc

4. Oct 10, 2005 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Do You Hold The Shift Key For The First Letter Of Every Word? Isn't That Really Slow?

5. Oct 17, 2005 #4
    No I Just Type In Uppercase And The Site Filters Do The Rest ,i Suppose.

6. Oct 17, 2005 #5

Mk

I wouldn't want to say anything mean about people who type in all caps.

Uhgh. Sorry, but teaching someone about quantum computing takes too much time to explain! Maybe you should investigate a few links and come back with more specific questions? :smile:

Also try a search on physicsforums for "quantum computer." There have been some interesting topics I remember.

7. Oct 17, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

An item in this month's SciAm indicates that the qubits (sp?) deteriorate, although possibly after a long enough time to do their job. Can't remember the details right now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?