1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Computer

1. Oct 10, 2005 #1
    I Read About Richard Feynmann's Idea Of Using All The 32 Quantum States Of An Electron To Construct A Supercomputer Which Would Be Much Faster Than The Present Ones That Use Only The Two Binary States.i Do Not Understand How Data Could Be Stored This Way And How Such A Computer Could Be Built?
    In Search Of Enlightenment !!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2005 #2

tmc

4. Oct 10, 2005 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Do You Hold The Shift Key For The First Letter Of Every Word? Isn't That Really Slow?

5. Oct 17, 2005 #4
    No I Just Type In Uppercase And The Site Filters Do The Rest ,i Suppose.

6. Oct 17, 2005 #5

Mk

I wouldn't want to say anything mean about people who type in all caps.

Uhgh. Sorry, but teaching someone about quantum computing takes too much time to explain! Maybe you should investigate a few links and come back with more specific questions? :smile:

Also try a search on physicsforums for "quantum computer." There have been some interesting topics I remember.

7. Oct 17, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

An item in this month's SciAm indicates that the qubits (sp?) deteriorate, although possibly after a long enough time to do their job. Can't remember the details right now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook