Quantum Computing Books

1. I'm a third year physics student and just wanted to know for the future, what books should I get in order to learn more about Quantum Computing (theory behind it)? I know Quantum Mechanics books, yes, but what else like after graduation?

Thanks so much!

So far on my list is just books on:
    -Mathematics of QM
    -QM field theory

And thats it, not sure where else to go.

2. jcsd
  3. f95toli

f95toli 2,362
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The standard text on QC is Nielsen&Chuang's book, it is getting a bit old but so is every other book in the field (any text older than about 2-3 years will not be up-do-date, it is such a rapidly developing field).
    Most of the QM in it is at the undergrad level so it is a good place to start (btw, there is no real reason to study field theory if you are interested in QC; at least not if you are only interested in the concept as such and not in a specific implementation)

4. I am doing a study project on Quantum Computing, please suggest me some of the books which can give me the very basic knowledge of the area and about the Shor's algorithm.
    So that i can understand the subject of Quantum Computing.
    Thanking you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?