1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Computing

1. Dec 24, 2015 #1
    Hello,
    Am an undergraduate student of physics(hons) and want to work on Quantum Computing in future. Can anybody please suggest how I should go about it?
    Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2015 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Try to get some professor to work with you on such topics as undergrad research.

4. Dec 25, 2015 #3
    I got into research in quantum computing very recently. I just emailed the professor working in it, appointed a meeting, and talked about his current research and possible opportunities for an undergrad. Quantum computing is a very interdisciplinary field, so if there isn't any professors working in it in the physics department, you should also check professors in the electrical engineering, materials engineering, and computer science departments. My advisor is in electrical engineering.

5. Dec 25, 2015 #4

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And it helps if you lookup the Prof's research, read it and try to understand it (read some extra background if necessary, ask questions here in PF) before you meet with them. This is much better than arriving empty-handed there, without a clue.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook