Quantum Computors

i recently watched a video on youtube and it was about Michio Kaku talking about computors using 7 atoms to solve the equation 3*15=15 and i was a bit confused in how they worked especially the fact of dosen't the uncertainty principle come into play.

if you know anything please tell me

olgranpappy

Homework Helper
i recently watched a video on youtube and it was about Michio Kaku talking about computors using 7 atoms to solve the equation 3*15=15 and i was a bit confused in how they worked especially the fact of dosen't the uncertainty principle come into play.

if you know anything please tell me
Hopefully that ("3*15=15") is a typo or else the quantum computer has a quantum bug.

Supposedly quantum computers will be able to factor numbers quickly, but since quantum computers have only recently been developed they tend to only be able to factor small numbers, like 15... which factors to 5*3 by the way.

Try googling quantum computing for more info.

i recently watched a video on youtube and it was about michio kaku talking about computors using 7 atoms to solve the equation 3*15=15 and i was a bit confused in how they worked especially the fact of dosen't the uncertainty principle come into play.

If you know anything please tell me
3*15 = 45 not 15.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses