Quantum Contextuality: Learn with Books & Articles

• Thread starter omidaut
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quantum
In summary, the speaker is looking for help in finding resources that teach Quantum contextuality and its mathematical formalism in an understandable format, particularly the book "Ballentine". They clarify that they are a master student in physics with knowledge of Hilbert spaces and ask for the exact name of the mentioned book. The conversation then shifts to discussing another book that may be helpful.
omidaut
Is there anybody who can help me in introducing some chapters of books or maybe some articles that teaches Quantum contextuality and its mathematical formalism in an understandable format? thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
omidaut said:
Is there anybody who can help me in introducing some chapters of books or maybe some articles that teaches Quantum contextuality and its mathematical formalism in an understandable format? thanks.

What is your math background?

I'm asking because you've tagged this thread with an "A" prefix, indicating that you want an answer suitable for someone who has completed an undergraduate physics major and is now in graduate school working towards a master's or PhD degree. If so, you should start by thoroughly nailing down the mathematical formalism in Ballentine.

Nugatory said:
What is your math background?

I'm asking because you've tagged this thread with an "A" prefix, indicating that you want an answer suitable for someone who has completed an undergraduate physics major and is now in graduate school working towards a master's or PhD degree. If so, you should start by thoroughly nailing down the mathematical formalism in Ballentine.
Thanks for your reply. You are right. I am a master student in physics and I know Hilbert spaces and some mathematical knowledges needed for QM. BTW, what is the exact name of your mentioned book?

What is quantum contextuality?

Quantum contextuality is a concept in quantum mechanics that describes how the properties of a quantum system can only be understood in relation to the context in which they are measured. This means that the outcome of a measurement can vary depending on the previous measurements that have been performed on the system.

How is quantum contextuality different from classical contextuality?

In classical contextuality, the properties of a system are independent of the context in which they are measured. However, in quantum contextuality, the properties are not fixed and can change depending on the measurement context.

What are some applications of quantum contextuality?

Quantum contextuality has applications in areas such as quantum computing, cryptography, and communication. It can also help in understanding the fundamental principles of quantum mechanics and the behavior of quantum systems.

How is quantum contextuality related to Bell's theorem?

Bell's theorem is a concept in quantum mechanics that shows that local hidden variable theories cannot explain the correlations observed in certain quantum systems. Quantum contextuality is related to Bell's theorem because it also shows that the properties of a quantum system cannot be explained by pre-existing values.

What are some resources for learning about quantum contextuality?

There are several books and articles available on quantum contextuality, such as "Quantum Reality: Beyond the New Physics" by Nick Herbert and "Quantum Contextuality: The Hidden Variable Problem and Its Significance" by Ehtibar N. Dzhafarov and Jonathan N. Busemeyer. Online resources, such as research papers and lectures, are also available for further study.