1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum dynamics

1. Dec 3, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

there are 2 particals with the same mass and they undergo two different experments in expermant 1 partical 1 is moveing at .9c and partical two is at rest it wanted the KE before they hit and i got 1.29mc^2 (i checked it in my book) for experment two the total KE before the particals hit is 1.29mc^2 and both particals are moveing at eagh other at a velocity U it wanted me to find u so i set 1.29mc^2= 2c^2m(Y) and got u to be .795c ( i also checked that in my book) part c said that the particals in part a and b stick together and it wanted me to find the resalting masses that would resalt after the particals hit in both experments.

2. Relevant equations

i don't know where to start or what equation to use so could someone help me get started.

3. The attempt at a solution
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?