Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Gates and Circuits

1. Dec 15, 2004 #1
    I'm taking a course that requires me to come up with a research project.

I'm officially in my sophomore year and I'm a Physics Major with a fairly broad exposure to electrical eng. and some advanced math courses.
    That being said...

I'm very interested in computer simualtion of quantum gates and circuits. I have an idea already how to simulate classical gates: not, and, or and etc. I want to be able to develop it into a teaching tool.

My resources are a PC, Excel XP, and MathCad Professional.

My plan of attack is to use Excel to link the truth tables with a gif. and macros to tie everything together. I've seen it done with classical gates. I also have an excellent the text, Quantum Computing and Quantum Information

Can I realistically model a quantum gate operation using the above resources?

Thanks. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your resources also include the very large variety of free compilers and programming environments available on the web. I would suggest writing a simulator in C or Java, using gcc or the j2sdk.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?