Is Quantum Gravity Simply the Result of Space-Time Curvature?

In summary, the speaker knows about quantum gravity and its significance, and has come up with a simple explanation for the distortion of particles in the quantum mechanics description. They suggest that this distortion is due to the ripples of gravitation in curved space-time. They ask if anyone else can see any flaws in this reasoning, or if it is correct but not precise enough to be considered fact. They also mention the possibility of proving themselves wrong with access to advanced technology.
professor
i know what it is, and why its searched for...but i have brought myself to a fairly simple answer, and would like to know why it is not a correct one. could quantum gravity not merely state that the reason for the distortion of particles into the qm description (partial-wave) is because of the ripples of gravitation (ie. curved space time). - this seems perfectly reasonable to me... does anyone else see what might be wrong with this ... or is it correct, just not exact enough to be considered fact just yet?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
professor said:
i know what it is, and why its searched for...but i have brought myself to a fairly simple answer, and would like to know why it is not a correct one. could quantum gravity not merely state that the reason for the distortion of particles into the qm description (partial-wave) is because of the ripples of gravitation (ie. curved space time). - this seems perfectly reasonable to me... does anyone else see what might be wrong with this ... or is it correct, just not exact enough to be considered fact just yet?
what do you mean by distortion of particles into the QM description?

marlon

i mean the very reason that they are not completely particulate, and that neither is a photon completely wavelike could be because of the shifting of spacetime, therefore making it seem as if these (particles) are indees moving with a partial wave themselves, when rather it is the gravitational waves that affect them in this way

aka- without gravitation of any sort... would the waves become less significant?

perhaps not... i may see my flaw, if i had a hold of a space station, and some very precese laser fluctuation readers then i could prove myself completely wrong I am willing to bet... ohh well

1. What is quantum gravity distortion?

Quantum gravity distortion is a theoretical phenomenon that occurs at the smallest scales of the universe, where the laws of quantum mechanics and general relativity both play a role. It is a deviation from the smooth and continuous fabric of space-time, caused by the fluctuations of quantum fields.

2. How does quantum gravity distortion affect our understanding of the universe?

Quantum gravity distortion challenges our current understanding of the universe by showing that at the fundamental level, space and time are not continuous and predictable, but rather fluctuating and uncertain. This has significant implications for our understanding of gravity, the behavior of matter, and the structure of the universe.

3. Can quantum gravity distortion be observed or measured?

At this point, quantum gravity distortion has not been directly observed or measured. It is a highly complex and elusive phenomenon that occurs at incredibly small scales, making it difficult to study using current technology. However, scientists are working on developing new theories and technologies that may one day allow us to observe and measure quantum gravity distortion.

4. How does quantum gravity distortion relate to the search for a theory of everything?

Quantum gravity distortion is a crucial piece of the puzzle in the search for a theory of everything, which aims to unify all of the fundamental forces in the universe. By understanding how quantum mechanics and general relativity interact at the smallest scales, we can develop a more comprehensive and cohesive theory that explains the workings of the entire universe.

5. What are some potential applications of understanding quantum gravity distortion?

Understanding quantum gravity distortion could have significant implications for technology and our understanding of the universe. It could potentially lead to the development of new technologies, such as quantum computers, and could also help us better understand the origins and evolution of the universe. Additionally, it could provide insights into the behavior of matter and energy at a fundamental level and may lead to new discoveries in physics.