1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Mechanics: Free particle scattering/tunneling w/ combination well/barrier

1. Dec 9, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I have a question concerning this potential. For E < V0, I have the R and T coefficients, but there sum doesn't equal one, but you have six equations and six unknowns, so its easy to solve I guess.. I have gotten the same answers doing it different ways but can't seem to get R+T=1.

However, it is a lot easier case then solving the case for when E > V0 I have seven unknowns and six equations.

All these equations I have gotten from the continuity requirements. Could I be missing something else?

Could I at least change the interior wavefuntions into sine/cosine since the exponent forms since it's reduces unknowns when matching at zero?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2007 #2

Avodyne

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?