Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Mechanics Tattoo

1. Sep 2, 2010 #1
    I am a photographer and I ran across this young Gentleman in Chicago who was part of a Steam Punk group.

I recognized some of the formulas but they are far beyond me to make meaning of them in regards to this tattoo shown in this link

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=619860&fbid=1306777444637&id=1686581814&ref=nf

Im hoping that you may have some fun and give me your best interpetation of the saying that is across this gentlemans back.

I look forward to your theories and responses.

PS... He says he will eventually decipher it for us but he also wants to hear the feedback

Enjoy and take care all

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2010 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

I don't know any latin, but "E Universes gens alpha" may mean 'out of all people, first' or 'out of whole world, one'. The second line seems to be in french, 'Les c est g occassis' which is.. 'the c is g birthdays'? Maybe the female sign is used in sentence along with male sign, and that lambda-looking but really masonic wishbone symbol with eye of god under it.. meaning, i donno, all seeing eye of god overseeing the cadence and lucky coincidence that is life. something biblical along the lines of female created under the eye of god from the male's rib, then there is a fusion of theoretical and silly physics and some real physics

its a lame tattoo

4. Sep 2, 2010 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You forgot the pentagram. :tongue:

5. Sep 2, 2010 #4

cronxeh

Gold Member

I lost interest right after I saw that dreaded Heisenberg's uncertainty :grumpy:

Oh how he pisses me off

6. Sep 2, 2010 #5

Evo

:rofl:

7. Sep 2, 2010 #6

cronxeh

Gold Member

Come to think of it, I think its a Venus pentagram, or some kind of a planetary alignment, perhaps when he was born or some other sillypants wafflery.

III planet is Earth, V planet is Jupiter, and IX planet is Pluto. Back when he was born, apparently, Pluto was a planet. Now if you are not lazy enough to lookup when Jupiter was on opposite side of Earth and on same side as Pluto. Suppose he was born between 1960's and 1990's. I am thinking 1987 or 1976.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  8. Sep 2, 2010 #7
    LOL the equation for m=hc/G has the wrong units to be Planck mass! There should be a square root on the right side.

pdoyle@netins:
    The first inequality on the left is a version of Heisenberg's uncertainty. The one on the right is often stated as being one of Heisenberg's uncertainty relations.

The equations to the left, right and below the V are supposed to be the Planck Mass, Energy and Time, respectively (I assume). As I said already the Planck Mass equation is not correct.

The equation below the omega on the bottom is the Schrodinger Equation.

9. Sep 2, 2010 #8

Doc Al

Here's a hard core physics tattoo:
    equation%20tattoos.jpg

10. Sep 2, 2010 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So is that a random collection of formulas and symbols or is the tattoo actually telling a story / painting a picture?

11. Sep 2, 2010 #10

RonL

Gold Member

Is that you ? Doc Al:smile:

12. Sep 2, 2010 #11
    Is that the Born-Oppenheimer Hamiltonian on the first line?

13. Sep 2, 2010 #12

Doc Al

Next time I want to cheat, I'll just write it on my hand! D'oh!

14. Sep 2, 2010 #13

Doc Al

Yep.

15. Sep 2, 2010 #14

As far as I know he thought this Tattoo up to tell some type of story. He's a young man with a terrific sense of flair and fun but as far as I know he isnt involved in a Scientific field.

I am just enjoying seeing some of these responses, I've been out of school so long many of these theroies and equations are just fuzzy memories.

16. Sep 2, 2010 #15

Danger

Gold Member

Very cool, Doc. How long did that take?

17. Sep 2, 2010 #16

Evo

I don't think that's Doc.

18. Sep 2, 2010 #17

cronxeh

Gold Member

Yea no kidding. Its the second result that comes up when you google for 'equation tattoo'.

But on a more serious note. I want this tattoo: http://spiritualdove.com/4abb0f00.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  19. Sep 2, 2010 #18

Doc Al

I hope you don't think that's actually me! :tongue2:

20. Sep 2, 2010 #19

cronxeh

Gold Member

Yea that guy did look a little too skinny :rofl: :tongue2:

Oh oh. Ok. I must make this a public statement. Monday, 9/6 I am getting a tattoo on my right forearm. There, at least I am now forced to confront my higher brain. No more excuses :biggrin:

21. Sep 2, 2010 #20

Doc Al

Hey now... I'll have you know that I have the body of a greek god. :cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook