1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Physics Book(s)

1. Feb 1, 2007 #1
    I am looking for a book containing a concise treatment of Quantum Physics at the level of Resnick and Brehm. I find these two books to be a bit wordy. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2007 #2
    A very brief introduction which I used extensively in my second year is Quantum Physics by Alistair I. M. Rae. It appears quite a bit more basic than the titles you suggest, but it's concise and fairly clear. More of a handbook.
  4. Feb 2, 2007 #3
    Quantum Theory: A very short introduction by J. Polkinghorne.
    Maybe, I don't know what level you are after.
  5. Feb 2, 2007 #4
    I am looking for books not at the level of Sakurai and Ramamurti Shankar (Graduate level).
  6. Feb 2, 2007 #5
    If you're looking for an introduction to quantums without too much mathematics, my choice is good.
  7. Feb 2, 2007 #6
    Introductory Quantum Mechanics by Liboff might be the closest match for what you're looking for, both in level and in style.
  8. Feb 2, 2007 #7

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Check out a copy from your college library of E. Anderson's Modern Physics and QM (now out of print). It's surprisingly readable and competent.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?