Quantum physics movie - What the *$@ are we thinking? And upcoming movie

In summary, my friend who is learning calculus and physics, and I teach him what I know, tells me that a new movie called "What the fu* are we thinking?" is about quantum physics and the development of science. The release date is March 11th, 2004. It is about a travel agency that arranges hunting trips for wealthy customers back in time to hunt dinosaurs. Edward Burns, Ben Kingsley, Catherine McCormack, Corey Johnson, Jemima Rooper star in the film.
Just saw the sequel, "What the Bleep?! -- Down the Rabbit Hole". Not too good. It was exactly the same as the first one with some extra footage of the photographer and more animation...it was 3 hours long...:yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
For real scientific documentaries, watch the Science Channel.

Never sw the movie, but I think I know its kind. Sigh, this movie, and those other books and documentaries like it, just help create all those people that think they can understand general relativity with ever taking an intro to physics course or understanding algebra. Sigh...

The new one had some "better" science. but they had a lot of the old crap and the same "experts"

Kaer Fyzarc said:
Lastly, somewhere in the movie the one guy says that in american labs some people have done experiments where an object is in 2 places at the same time...and they have photos that show 2 points of light, That (Wow!) does not come from 2 objects, but from the one object in 2 places. Wow!

Mysticism attracts mystics.

One should see this movie as a necessary consequence of the content of the theory.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mysticism+quantum+mechanics

Last edited:
I remember when this movie rose to pseudo-fame across messageboards. People thought they were experts on quantum theory because they had seen this movie 'What the...'
It was quite sickening to see the boards of certain sites filled with 'My theory of quantum singularity..' or 'My infinite universe quantum...' or some quantum mumbojumbo (I still use that word). I tried explaining to people that what they were posting was not science or physics but metaphysics, closer to what you will hear in a philosophy class.
Never saw the movie myself, I stick to Quantum Leap...way more scientific.:rolleyes:

It played on TMN where I'm from, and I got bored after a few minutes.

I've learned to scan crackpots within seconds.

<h2>1. What is quantum physics and how does it relate to the movie?</h2><p>Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of subatomic particles. The movie explores the mysterious and complex concepts of quantum physics and how they can impact our understanding of reality.</p><h2>2. Is the movie scientifically accurate?</h2><p>While the movie may take some creative liberties, it is based on real scientific concepts and theories. However, it is important to remember that quantum physics is still an area of ongoing research and there is much that is still unknown.</p><h2>3. Who is the target audience for this movie?</h2><p>The movie is targeted towards a general audience, but it may be especially appealing to those with an interest in science and philosophy.</p><h2>4. Will I be able to understand the movie if I have no background in quantum physics?</h2><p>Yes, the movie is designed to be accessible to those without prior knowledge of quantum physics. It presents the concepts in an engaging and easy-to-understand way.</p><h2>5. Are there any real-life applications of quantum physics that are explored in the movie?</h2><p>Yes, the movie touches on some real-life applications of quantum physics, such as quantum computing and quantum cryptography. It also delves into the potential implications of quantum mechanics on our daily lives and the world around us.</p>

1. What is quantum physics and how does it relate to the movie?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of subatomic particles. The movie explores the mysterious and complex concepts of quantum physics and how they can impact our understanding of reality.

2. Is the movie scientifically accurate?

While the movie may take some creative liberties, it is based on real scientific concepts and theories. However, it is important to remember that quantum physics is still an area of ongoing research and there is much that is still unknown.

3. Who is the target audience for this movie?

The movie is targeted towards a general audience, but it may be especially appealing to those with an interest in science and philosophy.

4. Will I be able to understand the movie if I have no background in quantum physics?

Yes, the movie is designed to be accessible to those without prior knowledge of quantum physics. It presents the concepts in an engaging and easy-to-understand way.

5. Are there any real-life applications of quantum physics that are explored in the movie?

Yes, the movie touches on some real-life applications of quantum physics, such as quantum computing and quantum cryptography. It also delves into the potential implications of quantum mechanics on our daily lives and the world around us.