Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Physics.

1. Apr 14, 2005 #1
    Quantum Physics.......

And you thought this thread was going to be serious.

Anyway ..... finally, today quantum physics was started in my college lectures. Most people in the room hated the sound of it but I was ready to go.

After the lesson my friend said 'I didn't realise quantum physics would be....' and then he stopped. So here is what the thread is about.

Finish the sentence above.

I don't know how long this thread will last but knowing my luck it will not be very long at all. Oh well. :biggrin:

Here is the start then:

I didn't realise quantum physics would be as fun as ripping my trousers off and dancing in the street.

The Bob (2004 ©)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2005 #2
    I didn't realise quantum physics would be as fun as watching The Bob rip his trousers off and dance in the street. :smile:

4. Apr 14, 2005 #3
    I didn't realise quantum physics would be this easy to understand.

5. Apr 14, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So whatwas the first course about?Wanna compare with mine.

Daniel.

6. Apr 14, 2005 #5

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

'I didn't realise quantum physics would be.... sooo easy like your girlfriend.

7. Apr 14, 2005 #6
    Well we have been doing Youngs Modulus and a basic level and Communications on a basic level also. Waves has been taught but nothing on quantum physics (or as they have written it, 'Quantum Behaviour'). Just been waiting to get down to the smaller things in life for a while. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

8. Apr 14, 2005 #7
    I didn't realize quantum physics was so SASSY!

[tex]\phi[/tex]

The Rev

9. Apr 14, 2005 #8

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My first course on QM dealt with preHilbert spaces,metric,normed and complete spaces,all these only to introduce the concept of Hilbert space...

Daniel.

10. Apr 14, 2005 #9
    I didn't realise quantum physics would be-come such a well respected field that people would actually make threads about what they didn't realise it would be.

11. Apr 14, 2005 #10
    I didn't realize quantum physics would be so much... minutiae.

12. Apr 14, 2005 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I didn't realize quantum physics would be so much...wait...if I have not yet realized, then my thought exists in a superposition of eigenthoughts...and by realizing, I have collapsed it into a definite thought...hence the act of realizing has actually affected the outcome of my thinking...darn, that's nothing new. :grumpy: <yawn>

13. Apr 14, 2005 #12
    I didn't realise quantum physics would be as fun as listing to the song She Blinded Me with Science by Thomas Dolby. (That means i thought it was crazy)

Fibonacci

(in a good way)

14. Apr 14, 2005 #13

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Actually, I'm uncertain about what I didn't realize quantum physics would be.

15. Apr 15, 2005 #14
    I didn't realize Quantum Physics is spelled Quantum [itex]P\hbar ysics[/itex]

16. Apr 15, 2005 #15

ek

Laugh. Good one.

:rofl:

17. Apr 15, 2005 #16
    Strange twist on the idea, a funny variation on a theme.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?