Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Teleporation and Nuclear Chemistry

1. Jul 21, 2008 #1
    I came across my readings the idea of quantum teleportation. How there is a probability (no matter how infitessimally small) that a particle can randomly go from one part of the universe to another part of the universe. The larger the object the less the probability of this happening. Yet, I read that quantum teleportation does occur with electrons. When an atom of a specific element decays, electrons are said to jump certain energy levels. The only way they can possibly break the energy barrier, for there is no other explanation, is because quantum teleportation takes place and the electron jumps the barrier due to probability.
    If you cannot tell by my attempts to explain the subject I am very confused in both ideas of quantum teleportation and its affects in chemistry. Does anyone understand what I am talking about and can elaborate?

Is the reason why quantum teleportation take place in these instances, because electrons are so small, and the space outside the energy barrier is much larger in comparison - so there is a high probability of the electrons jumping there?

*pardon the misspelling of teleportation

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted