Quantum Teleportation

• Thread starter nateHI
  • Start date
OK, so I was intrigued by the name quantum teleportation and wanted to know what it was. So, I study QM and linear algebra for 6 months up to the point where I can understand entaglement very well. Then, I go back to study quantum teleportation with the proper tools. If I understand correctly it is simply a means of getting around the no broadcast and no cloning theorems.

I was very underwhelmed. Is it as simple as that or am I missing something (hopefully)?

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
OK, so I was intrigued by the name quantum teleportation and wanted to know what it was. So, I study QM and linear algebra for 6 months up to the point where I can understand entaglement very well. Then, I go back to study quantum teleportation with the proper tools. If I understand correctly it is simply a means of getting around the no broadcast and no cloning theorems.

I was very underwhelmed. Is it as simple as that or am I missing something (hopefully)?
I find that many elements in science are exaggerated to most people before they read up on it. I have been a little underwhelmed at multiple things once I looked them up.