Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum teleportation

1. Sep 20, 2004 #1
    Im doing a projct in a course in QM and I have decided to write about Q-teleportation. Do we have any people here that know nice sites and articles in the subject? Maybe someone is an expert in the field. Any help would be appreciated.
    I cant find any topics that talks about Q-teleportation in this forum, lets start right here and we can try to see if we can learn anything. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2004 #2
    Look at the recent articles in Science and Nature by the guys (Wineland) from NIST and the guys in Austria. They did teleportation using ion trap quantum computing.

4. Sep 21, 2004 #3
  5. Sep 22, 2004 #4
  6. Sep 23, 2004 #5
    I find interesting this technique called Two-way teleportation. In it you have the habitual quantum channel shared between Alice and Bob. Then two qubits are teleported simultaneously, one from Alice two Bob and the other from Bob to Alice. Two-way teleportation was first suggested by Vaidman in 1994

7. Sep 23, 2004 #6
    I have read the article from june 17 2004 of Nature. A really good article. The main problem is all technical term that I am not familiar with. Like the name of the trap cant remember now but I think it is GHZ trap or something, I havent a good picture of the understanding of the iontrap and the Bell state. can someone give a good explaination of the bell state concept?
    Thanks.

8. Sep 23, 2004 #7
    I have read Wineland's article, and it it he mentions the Paul trap

9. Sep 28, 2004 #8

Mk

That's pretty cool, I watch the news on this subject, I haven't seen this done before. Has it?

10. Sep 28, 2004 #9
    No,it has not been made, but look this paper, where there's a review of two-way teleportation and a generalization of this method to a new scheme called Chain teleportation

http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0409158

11. Sep 29, 2004 #10
  12. Oct 16, 2004 #11
  13. Oct 16, 2004 #12
    Hi, I'm currently working on a project on Quantum Computing

http://www.dream-odyssey.com/temp/temp.pl is where I've been keeping my pdf's for easy finding. There are quite a few that cover teleportation as well you're welcome to have a look

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?