Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum tic tac toe

1. Jul 27, 2007 #1
    can anyone help me understand it?

also, does an event horizon only refer to black holes??????

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2007 #2
    I wasnt allowed to link to it. I wasn't trying to spam. I just wanted to know if anyone has played it......and to explain it to me......
    this forum is strict hu?

4. Jul 27, 2007 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What do you mean you weren't allowed to link to it? Did someone delete your link? Personally, I've never heard of quantum tic tac toe, so cannot help you with that.

Your second question is to do with relativity, not quantum physics-- you should avoid asking unrelated questions in the same thread. However, to answer it, no; event horizons are not only related to black holes. An event horizon is defined as a boundary beyond which an event cannot affect an observer.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  5. Jul 27, 2007 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If you don't not wish to make an effort to elaborate on what you are asking, at the very least, make an exact reference to what you are referring to (no personal website or crackpot sites, please). Otherwise, don't expect any rational answer.

Zz.

6. Jul 27, 2007 #5
    You can find more in American Journal of Physics -- November 2006 -- Volume 74, Issue 11, pp. 962-973.

But you might have well been asking about the concept of superposition in QM. The answer would cover more or less the same topics.

marlon

7. Jul 27, 2007 #6
    I found it ..........

I found what I was looking for ........a paper about it." a teaching metaphor"
    it was about superposition

basically quantum tic tac toe is about superposition and it is cyclical and self-referential and has a game tree with dead ends... all very interesting

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?