Is Your Name an Anagram for Something Sinister?

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
In summary, your Mystic Message reveals that you have had bad luck in the past and will continue to have more bad luck, especially in love. You will encounter an untrustworthy and cruel friend and be faced with a costly decision. Beware of receiving a letter or encountering a dark-haired stranger. However, on the positive side, you will experience success and wealth in your work, and your boss will be a light-complexioned woman. Your lucky gemstone is actually a piece of blue beachglass, and your personal tree is a maple tree, which symbolizes your uniqueness, pride, and desire for new experiences, but also warns you to keep your ego in check. It is recommended to keep a piece of maple by your front door for
holly said:
devious:

Your fortune is difficult to discern because it comes to me from a great distance, across a gray and stormy water. I see a young, Dark-Compleckted man. You have had a Carefree life, and will continue to be Lucky in having Few Cares in Life. However, a Change is in your Future. You will Travel Far. You wish to travel to a Chilly Place with many Old Buildings, but you must NOT. Instead, travel to a Place with Palm Trees. The Date Palm is in your Past and holds your Future.

Trust your Hidden Senses. You will find Fame through Clever Ideas. However, you are Tending to be Lazy. Push Yourself. As mentioned above, the Date Palm is your Personal Tree. Never Before have I seen the Tree revealed in Two Places as in Your Fortune. Beware a Dark-Compleckted older man who Wishes to stop you from Leaving. Good news comes in less than Two Years, revealing your Path.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Peridot. Have a ring made with the Stone and Wear it Always on your Left Ring Finger. A Fair-Haired Woman will remark upon it and soon after it will be Replaced by a Wedding Band. This is 6 years hence.

Holy crap... That is AMAZINGLY accurate... :eek:

Just a question though, what does "dark-compleckted" mean?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
QUESTION ONE:
Two of Spades, Seven of Spades, King of Spades, Ace of Hearts, Four of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Nine of Diamonds

QUESTION TWO:
Nail, heart, star.

QUESTION THREE:
Gray or White. East.
regøhT

Ya' got plenty in my life going on to work with, holly. =]

Ace of Hearts
King of Spades
Two of Spades
Ace of Diamonds
Seven of Spades
Nine of Diamonds
Queen of Diamonds

Sun,
Star,
Heart

Gray, thin, West.

raezal nitsuj

But no messages if it means you're going to flunk out! Grrr!

cookiemonster

devious: Dark-compleckted: not fair in coloring. Dark hair or dark eyes, may include darker skin but can also just mean the eyes/hair. Light-compleckted is the opposite.

The cards show me dark eyes, dark hair.

As to Check, balkan, and cookiemonster: I'm consulting my deck now, because I received a very disturbing sensation when I saw their choices. Cookiemonster will be hard to read because I know something of him, and need to let the cards speak, not me speak.

"disturbing sensation"? Uh oh... I don't like the sound of that :(

holly said:
devious: Dark-compleckted: not fair in coloring. Dark hair or dark eyes, may include darker skin but can also just mean the eyes/hair. Light-compleckted is the opposite.

The cards show me dark eyes, dark hair.

That's true. I'm light-skinned, but my eyes and hair are dark-brown.

I also want to comment on my 'results'... :tongue2:

"Your fortune is difficult to discern because it comes to me from a great distance, across a gray and stormy water. I see a young, Dark-Compleckted man. You have had a Carefree life, and will continue to be Lucky in having Few Cares in Life. However, a Change is in your Future. You will Travel Far. You wish to travel to a Chilly Place with many Old Buildings, but you must NOT. Instead, travel to a Place with Palm Trees. The Date Palm is in your Past and holds your Future."

Assuming you live in the USA, I am pretty damn distant since I live in the Middle-East. I'm also young (16), and apparently dark-compleckted. The part about a carefree life is also true to an extent, since compared to most people I know I have the least cares (not that I'm complaining :approve:). You also hit the money with this change in my future business, because I'm going to go to college soon (I'm a rising-senior). I also have intentions to travel far, specifially to the states. I do wish to travel to a chilly place with many old buildings too: Cambridge, MA. Your mentioning of palm trees is somewhat vague -- do you mean I should also travel a great distance to that place (as into California), or a shorter distance (e.g. Iraq or Saudia Arabia)? You also made this more difficult when you said that the date palm held my past... You see, I was born in California and lived there for less than a year, then we moved to Saudia Arabia and lived there for 8 years... Iraq is also a good contender: my family is originally from Iraq and I take HUGE pride in that, plus I intend to go live there after I graduate. Any clarifications? :biggrin:

"Trust your Hidden Senses. You will find Fame through Clever Ideas. However, you are Tending to be Lazy. Push Yourself. As mentioned above, the Date Palm is your Personal Tree. Never Before have I seen the Tree revealed in Two Places as in Your Fortune. Beware a Dark-Compleckted older man who Wishes to stop you from Leaving. Good news comes in less than Two Years, revealing your Path."

Yay to the first couple of sentences. And yup, I'm really lazy. My parents, teachers and friends agree there. Hmmm... I wonder who this dark-compleckted older man will be. I have a great idea to whom he might be, if you could generously answer my question about what you meant with the palm trees in the previous paragraph. :shy:

Damn... what a long post. Sorry.

The palms are in California. I also viewed a water-fortune for you, and saw many, many date palms in Arizona. Maybe you'll go first one place, then the other. A return to your birthplace would be Lucky for you. However, if you want to go to Cambridge, by all means Do So. You have a very lucky fortune and cannot make an error in your choice; it is all positive.

holly said:
The palms are in California. I also viewed a water-fortune for you, and saw many, many date palms in Arizona. Maybe you'll go first one place, then the other. A return to your birthplace would be Lucky for you. However, if you want to go to Cambridge, by all means Do So. You have a very lucky fortune and cannot make an error in your choice; it is all positive.

and then he took a wrong turn, crashed his car, and died :D

Allrighty guys, took a break there because Stubs bit Ludwig really badly and he had to go to the vet...back now, kind of shaken up, though...however, Fortunes Are what Fortunes Are and these were easy to Discern, altho' a Water-Fortune was also needed for cookiemonster.

Balkan:
A Dark Fortune and Many Misgivings, Young Man. But Be Aware that Many Paths can be Trod and one can always Choose a Different Path, a Luckier Path. And Also, the Cards are Sometimes Full of It and Unreliable. But this Follows:

An Older Dark-Haired man gave you Unhappiness in the Past. There has been Trouble, Lies, and Misery, and Cruel Things Said, at your Home. A Fog persists, and the cards do not Say Much about whether this is Still Happening. We can hope Not. You have been grievously Deceived, however. Cheated of Happiness. Best to Move Away from this Unhappy Prospect and try to recover the Happiness, Patience, and Kindness that is Within You. You can Win against this Darkness. You doubt your True Strength; Don't.

There is Trouble Ahead; A Friend needs you, and you will Respond and Help, at Cost to Yourself. The Reward will be Tremendous, however. Your Mind will be Cleared of Gloom. Happiness is coming within the next year. Wealth will Follow quickly.

You are Building a new Life; don't Discount the help of those you now view as Weak. Their true Natures are Revealed and Benefit You.

Do not Reject a Fair-Haired Woman's offer of Friendship. She is True.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Ruby. Strangely Enough, the Sapphire figures Prominently, too, and you must Obtain Both, place them in a tiny golden Cage, and Wear this upon your Person Always. Your tree is the Weeping Willow. You are Full of Contrasts, Unrelenting, often Egotistic, Hate Treachery, Hide your Heart and Noble Tendencies, Philosophical, Violent in Your Opinions, Very Choosy, Often Lonely, and Learn Easily.

check:
A Lucky Fortune for a Lucky Young Man. The Cards and Signs were full of Mischief, however...and indicate You are Usually Full of Mischief. A Letter brings Good Luck to your House. A Dark-Compleckted older Man and a Fair-Compleckted Older Woman Figure Prominently and Happily in your Past and Present. However, Some Dark Signs: MARK my words: A dark-haired young Man brings Trouble and Disappointment to You. Lead with Your Heart, Thou Art Thou Brother's Keeper.

The Moon Dominates your Signs. You will be Popular with Women; Too Much So. Beware. The Moon is your Future, the Moon is your Past, the Moon is in your Dreams. Your life's work involve the Heavens, and you will gain great Wealth therein.

Good News, Happiness, and Popularity will Increase in your Life.

Your Lucky Gemstone is, of course, the Moonstone, the Rainbow Moonstone specifically. Have 3 Round Cabachons set in a Vertical Line on a plain piece of Silver and Wear this always on a Black Cord, or at Least keep it in your Pocket. Your tree is the Pine: You Love Agreeable Company, crave harmony, Love to help others, Active in Imagination, not Fashion conscious, have Great Compassion, Sometime Low Esteen for Self, a Poet. Warning: The Pine's sap is Ruined by Alcohol.

I like cookiemonster so much that I can't read his fortune unbiasedly. I Wish to see Only Good things for this Fellow who has been so Kind and Helpful.

However, The Cards and Signs Spake what They Spake. A Miserable Occurence happened Recently to this Fair-Compleckted young man. Something Unhappy, possibly he was Wronged by a Dark-Haired man and Fair-Compleckted Woman. There was recently Trouble.

cookiemonster, You Travelled Far, but not to your True Destination. Money is Ahead, however, and several Trips that will Set Things to Rights. Indeed, you travel and meet a Sweetheart in the next Weeks.

Nothing but Happiness in the Future. Tremendous Success and Much Action in your Love Life. Love will Abound, many Friends in the next year, including New Friends who will become Lifelong. You must help One of these, who is Disabled. The Decision on what is Best eludes you and then is Revealed. Success follows again. You Travel Worldwide before age 34.

Lucky Gemstone is Iolite, stone of Vikings. Wear this in a plain silver band, a round Cabochon set into It. Your Tree is the Orange Tree: You are Attractive, Charming, Optimistic, Proud of your Looks, Adventurous, Very Generous, Like to Sleep Late, Talented but not enough Time for all to be Expressed, Tends to be Wealthy but does not Care, good Intuition.

holly said:
Allrighty guys, took a break there because Stubs bit Ludwig really badly and he had to go to the vet...back now, kind of shaken up, though...
Poor Ludwig! :frown: It sounds like Stubs may need a new home? What did the vet recommend?

The Professional:
Many People Presenting in your Fortune. A Letter arrives at your house and brings a Troubling Message, possibly regarding an Older Dark-Compleckted man. Certainly Trouble Abounds concerning a New Friend with Dark Eyes -ark Hair, and Money is at the root of It. This can be Avoided if your Watch and Watch Out for Yourself. A True Friend of the Same Coloring will then Arrive in your Life.

You will soon Receive Much Money. A New Love is Manifest as well, along with Great Happiness. It is Unknown whether this New Love is a Romantic Love, or the Arrival of a Beloved Friend, Pet, or Family Member. But Something is on the Horizon and will bring you Joy.

You have an Important Decision looming, and somehow it concerns a Sweetheart. You will Travel first within your country, and then far, far, far out of it. This brings Good Fortune to you, but Beware of your Health and Guard it carefully.

Your Lucky Gemstone is Revealed as Amber. Find a cabochon of Honey Amber, Set it in Gold, and Wear it Around your neck at All Times. Someone will offer a Great Sum for it; Refuse. Your tree is the Hornbeam: You lead a reasonable and disciplined Life, Look for Kindness, often Unhappy with your Feelings, Very Conscientious, a Strategist, full of Imagination of Originality, Hates Fighting and Stress. A Tendency Toward Vanity about your Appearance, but Justified.

Remember, Denizens! These are Just to Amuse! Although Sometimes the Signs do Speak Clearly...Be Aware, Also, that I Peer at Signs only when I have The Good Book at my Hand, with Jesus in my Thoughts Constantly! Casting Fortunes is only in Fun, and Belief in the Veracity of One's Own Ability to See the Future is Against the Word! Only *He* Reveals, never Man.

holly said:
jimmy p, you brat, I cut the deck (whorehouse cuts) again, and have something to add to your Fortune: You will soon be recruited into a different path than you thought. A career in Medicine is before you. Twins fall in love with you. Something very valuable arrives in the mail.

I'm no brat! I was just worried that my life would suck! Different path? I though of going to Turkey next year... sounds different. Medicine? I was interested until I didnt get the grades, and Twins?? I should be so lucky... I had one twin that supposedly fancied me. I liked both but preferred the other one, though she is a total *****. Twins... I wish. Valuable?? OOOH could my letter from my New Zealand friend be coming soon? They are priceless to me, and it has been ages since she sent me a letter!

Wow holly, that sounds pretty accurate. Sounds like I've got a pretty good future ahead of me... I'll be suspisious of dark-haired people. heh heh

But yeah, thanks a lot! That was fun.

holly said:
Allrighty guys, took a break there because Stubs bit Ludwig really badly and he had to go to the vet...back now, kind of shaken up, though...

Balkan:
A Dark Fortune and Many Misgivings, Young Man. But Be Aware that Many Paths can be Trod and one can always Choose a Different Path, a Luckier Path. And Also, the Cards are Sometimes Full of It and Unreliable. But this Follows:

An Older Dark-Haired man gave you Unhappiness in the Past. There has been Trouble, Lies, and Misery, and Cruel Things Said, at your Home. A Fog persists, and the cards do not Say Much about whether this is Still Happening. We can hope Not. You have been grievously Deceived, however. Cheated of Happiness. Best to Move Away from this Unhappy Prospect and try to recover the Happiness, Patience, and Kindness that is Within You. You can Win against this Darkness. You doubt your True Strength; Don't.

There is Trouble Ahead; A Friend needs you, and you will Respond and Help, at Cost to Yourself. The Reward will be Tremendous, however. Your Mind will be Cleared of Gloom. Happiness is coming within the next year. Wealth will Follow quickly.

You are Building a new Life; don't Discount the help of those you now view as Weak. Their true Natures are Revealed and Benefit You.

Do not Reject a Fair-Haired Woman's offer of Friendship. She is True.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Ruby. Strangely Enough, the Sapphire figures Prominently, too, and you must Obtain Both, place them in a tiny golden Cage, and Wear this upon your Person Always. Your tree is the Weeping Willow. You are Full of Contrasts, Unrelenting, often Egotistic, Hate Treachery, Hide your Heart and Noble Tendencies, Philosophical, Violent in Your Opinions, Very Choosy, Often Lonely, and Learn Easily.

hope your pet gets better, whatever pet it is... :smile:
the fortune however, sounds quite off for the most part, except for the last paragraph, which is spot on... i am building a new life, though, but aren't we always at my age?
anyhoo... i'll watch out for that fair-haired female and hope she's not up to no good...

holly said:
However, The Cards and Signs Spake what They Spake. A Miserable Occurence happened Recently to this Fair-Compleckted young man. Something Unhappy, possibly he was Wronged by a Dark-Haired man and Fair-Compleckted Woman. There was recently Trouble.
Not so sure I'd call it "miserable," but certainly "not pleasant..." And it could've been worse! :wink: Either way, I'd be a bad person if I didn't let it happen.

holly said:
cookiemonster, You Travelled Far, but not to your True Destination. Money is Ahead, however, and several Trips that will Set Things to Rights. Indeed, you travel and meet a Sweetheart in the next Weeks.
Everything except the money's on the money! Well, there should probably be a "not for the first time" qualifier after "meet," too, but minor detail... Maybe changing the Location box from Phoenix to Santa Barbara and the fact that you know I'm ultimately headed to Pasadena, not SB, gave it away. :wink:

holly said:
Nothing but Happiness in the Future. Tremendous Success and Much Action in your Love Life. Love will Abound, many Friends in the next year, including New Friends who will become Lifelong. You must help One of these, who is Disabled. The Decision on what is Best eludes you and then is Revealed. Success follows again. You Travel Worldwide before age 34.

I hope I'll meet new friends in college. Definitely something I'm going to work on! I like the tremendous success parts! At least I got somebody going for me. :biggrin: And I've always wanted to travel.

holly said:
Lucky Gemstone is Iolite, stone of Vikings. Wear this in a plain silver band, a round Cabochon set into It.

I'm going to have to look that one up. =\

holly said:
Your Tree is the Orange Tree

I like oranges.

holly said:
You are Attractive, Charming, Optimistic, Proud of your Looks, Adventurous, Very Generous, Like to Sleep Late, Talented but not enough Time for all to be Expressed, Tends to be Wealthy but does not Care, good Intuition.

I think you're cheating on this part! You're not supposed to bring in your own opinions, are you?

holly said:
Remember, Denizens! These are Just to Amuse! ... Casting Fortunes is only in Fun, and Belief in the Veracity of One's Own Ability to See the Future is Against the Word!
I like to think that doing good things leads to a good future anyway.

Thanks, holly. This was fun!

cookiemonste

Stubs' Fortune: A chance encounter leads to a New Home where At Last you can be Free and Happy.
Ludwig's: Soon you will be Restored to your Proper Lofty Position. Your Health Returns Slowly.

cookiemonster, I did NOT cheat. I have no idea what you look like! And the Cards indicated something unhappy had occurred.
balkan: The Fair-Haired Damsel is completely True, Kind, and Good. The cards, however, did not reveal why in Blazes she is going for you. ;0 )
Sorry, jimmy p, you are definitely going into medicine.

Holly! I have a problem! I was thinking about the fortune you sent and realized I know TWO dark-complected men with prominent scars (each one in a different place). I just didn't think about it at first...I don't really give thought to the scars, and both keep them hidden most of the time. Now how am I supposed to know which one? :-) Choices, always choices...sigh.

Sorry to hear about poor Ludwig. Sounds like he got a rough deal when Stubs moved in. Seems like one of them isn't getting the hint...obviously Stubs is going to be dominant and Ludwig needs to adjust to that and give in (the comment about Stubs getting Ludwig's belly fur is a big hint). It actually sounds from that description that Ludwig does know the rules, but Stubs isn't getting the message that he won.

Okay, one more edit...
Have you found a new home for Stubs, or just decided it's time for him to move? Do you know anyone with a farm? I think he'd make a good barn cat...sounds like he needs to be an outside cat, and that mean streak will come in handy to keep mice out of the grain. Besides, I don't like outside cats living in places with lots of houses and streets...they just get into trouble, I think they need to live on farms where they have lots of land and no cars to run them over and no one else's pets to get into fights with.

Last edited:
I got a picture in the pictures threads, and besides, it's not all about looks. :wink:

But if you say you didn't cheat, then you didn't cheat.

Sending Stubs off, huh? Too bad he didn't get along. :frown:

cookiemonster

Edit: Oh yeah! How about that cooking chicken in a pan?

This is interesting.

QUESTION ONE: Ace of Diamonds, Ten of Spades, Queen of Diamonds, Two of Spades, Seven of Clubs, Four of Clubs, King of Spades.

QUESTION TWO: Coin, Moon, Wren.

QUESTION THREE: Grey, fluffy clouds, moving East.

Einahpets

Last edited by a moderator:
QUESTION ONE: 2♠ A♥ 9♣ K♠ 9♦ Q♦ 7♣

QUESTION TWO: WREN MOON SNAKE

QUESTION THREE: grey, fluffy, west

EMAN: revolp

Re: Stubs: I felt Called to go to Petsmart, where I rarely go. I was going to get him a harness & modify it to make it escape-proof, because he is sad inside so much. Cashier asked about the harness, I started crying, and I told her I had rescued a cat, he's beating up Ludwig, he's getting shot at by mean neighbors, etc. She said, "Well, I just lost my MANX of 16 years. I'll take him. And if you ever get a MANX, I'll adopt it, too." THANK YOU, LORD.

Went to her place, it's out a bit, PERFECT for Stubs, has several rescued animals there, 3 acres, and she WANTS him to hunt lizards and bugs and such. Pictures of her former Manx adorn the walls. So, Stubs has a new home. I'm pretty sad, but I can't have Ludie hurt and Stubs shot at. Stubs just despised Ludie. Ludie was very mellow and sweet to him.

Moonbear: Which scarred man is the richer? He's the one I meant. : )

cookiemonster:
Cooking the ck in a pan: Heat up some oil (2 Tbs) in pan. If you have flour, roll ck around in it. Salt and pepper it. SEAR it over med-hi heat. Push it all around the pan. Don't let oil catch fire. Once all sides are seared, turn heat down, way down. Add 1/4 cup water. Add oj if you have it instead, or apple juice instead. Slam lid down on it. Cook until done. Done when no pinky juice runs of the ck when jabbed deeply with a fork. You do have a fork?

Mask and Mirror:
Bleak Fortune concerning your Warnings: A Letter (or email) brings Disappointment. A Light-compleckted older Woman Lies to You. A New Friend brings Deceit in return for your Affection. An Older man with Dark Hair, Eyes, and Skin has a Mysterious Agenda. Beware.

Your sense of Intuition brings you Riches and a Rich Gift Soon. Keep the Gift; you will Sell it in your Twilight and become incredibly Wealthy. There are those who will attempt to Part you from this Precious Item.

Something in your Signs hints at Fame and Adoration because of a Special Ability in sports or Music. A Friend depends upon you, but the decision to Help Him wrenches your Heart. Happiness, however, follows.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Smoky Topaz, which you must find in a Brilliante Cut and wear on the Index finger of the Left Hand, which is revealed as your True Hand. Your tree is the Olive Tree: You love sun, warmth, nature, you avoid Aggression and violence, you are Sensitive and Kind, have a Cool Beauty, and Love to Read. You will become exceedingly Religious at midlife.

plover:
The Cards do not Reveal how you got those Cool Fonts to Display so Nicely.

Your Fortune is Mixed. Someone Insincere Lies to you Right in their Home. Later, they Wish to Talk, to make Amends. Caution Required! A Dark-Haired man and Fair-Haired Woman (silver?) lead you to a New Friend, who brings you Luck and Money.

You have an Implacable Enemy, Cruel and Dangerous. Your Awareness of this Sad Fact protects you. The Enemy will be Vanquished through a Higher Power, and Happiness will Flow to You.

You have am Important Decision to make concerning Travel to meet a Sweetheart. Happiness and Luck follow this decision.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Citrine. Find a triangular Cut of this stone. Set it in Gold, and carry it in a Small Tapestry Bag near to your Hand at all times. Your Tree is the Apple: You are Quiet and Shy at Times, have lots of Charm and "appeal," are very Flirtatious despite being Modest, Need Much Emotional Support, are Stubborn to a Fault, but Noble-Minded. Too Attractive to the Opposite Sex, almost.

holly said:
Denizens:

If you Wish, answer the following Three Questions, and What is Revealed will be Conveyed to You.

Please Take these Mystic Messages as they Are Intended: As Entertainment. However, sometimes Something Sinister, Disturbing, Frightening, or Astonishing will be Truly Revealed. If Such occurs, I suggest you Seek Medical Help if Weak of Heart, and Spiritual Help for all Other Needs.

QUESTION ONE: THE FUTURE OR THE PAST
A deck of cards is fanned out before you. You see the following cards. CHOOSE SEVEN DIFFERENT CARDS AND LIST THEM IN THE ORDER YOU FEEL THEY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED.
Seven of Clubs, Seven of Spades, Two of Spades, Queen of Diamonds
Four of Clubs, Four of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds
King of Spades, Nine of Clubs, Jack of Clubs, Nine of Diamonds, Ten of Spades
King of Spades, Ace of Diamonds, Jack of Clubs, Seven of Spades, Ten of Spades, Ace of Hearts

holly said:
QUESTION TWO: A Warning
[no queries as to clarification of this question will be answered]
CHOOSE THREE: CAT, COIN, SUN, STAR, HEART, SNAKE, MOON, WREN, BEET, DOG, CRICKET, NAIL, DISH, BROOM.
Snake, Beet, Cricket

holly said:
QUESTION THREE: Your Lucky Gemstone and Personal Tree Revealed:
You look into the sky at dusk on a chill autumn day. There are clouds scuttling across the sky. Do you See:
Gray or White Clouds?
Fluffy or Thin Clouds?
Do the Clouds Move to the East or to the West?
Gray, Thin, move to the East

holly said:
SPELL YOUR NAME BACKWARDS AFTER CHOOSING THE ABOVE.
Thank you.

"SIRHC"

Thanks!

holly said:
Moonbear: Which scarred man is the richer? He's the one I meant. : )

LOL! Well, he would be the one with the bitter woman in the way...I knew this wasn't going to be easy :rolleyes:

Falcon:
The is a Very Exciting Fortune for me to Convey. Many Things were Revealed, perhaps More than you Know.

A Lucky Color was revealed for you! It is RED. RED RED RED. In addition to your Lucky Gemstone, you must keep a length of Red String in your Pocket or Shoe at all Times. Sadly, however, your Luck weakens against some Evil Turns. A Young Dark-Compleckted Man causes you Grief, Trouble, and brings Deceit into your Home. Warning: Could this be a Mirror Fortune? An older Dark-Eyed man feels Grief at Wronging you in the Past. A Letter comes for you but the contents may Disappoint You.

Truly, there are many Enemies about in these Fortunes Lately. You have an especially Wily Enemy; however, it could be that this Enemy is a Disease or Something you are Fighting Even Now. You will Vanquish this Enemy completely but only after a Long Battle. A Trip to a faraway lplace brings Happiness. You will meet someone there who will Sweeten your life Forever.

An important Decision must be made concerning a Friend, and you will choose Wisely. Happiness will Result but you will be the Poorer in Gold. But within three years, you will embark upon Work that will greatly Enrich your Pockets.

Your Gemstone is Wulfenite. You must obtain a piece of this rare stone, keep it wrapped in a bit of Gray Cloth, and carry it in your pocket. When you reach age 30, give it to the first Red-Haired woman you Meet and Replace the stone with a Ruby, also to be carried on your Person. Your tree is the Lime Tree. You are Young, Clever, Gifted with Strange Languages, of a Noble Brow, Tend towards Self-Criticism, Hate Cruelty, A Good Lover, A Demanding Thinker, and Love Jokes.

holly said:
Re: Stubs: I felt Called to go to Petsmart, where I rarely go. I was going to get him a harness & modify it to make it escape-proof, because he is sad inside so much. Cashier asked about the harness, I started crying, and I told her I had rescued a cat, he's beating up Ludwig, he's getting shot at by mean neighbors, etc. She said, "Well, I just lost my MANX of 16 years. I'll take him. And if you ever get a MANX, I'll adopt it, too." THANK YOU, LORD.

Went to her place, it's out a bit, PERFECT for Stubs, has several rescued animals there, 3 acres, and she WANTS him to hunt lizards and bugs and such. Pictures of her former Manx adorn the walls. So, Stubs has a new home. I'm pretty sad, but I can't have Ludie hurt and Stubs shot at. Stubs just despised Ludie. Ludie was very mellow and sweet to him.
That's fantastic! I am so happy to hear Stubs has a new home and that Ludwig is now safe. :approve:

BTW, cookiemonster is gorgeous! :smile:

Confession:
cookiemonster
I did tweak your Fortune. I kept something out...sin of omission...a Baby...during your College Years...the Twists and Turns of Life, cookiemonster, can bring even more joy than Careful Plans! And Married Student Housing isn't so bad, really.

I'm heartbroken over Stubs.
P.S. I don't look at the photos on threads unless they display automatically. I am scared to click on Links. So far, I've just seen Dr. F your kitty and the Baby Skunks.

I think that would be sad. :frown:

Unless I stay a college student for another decade or two!

Don't worry, holly, Evo's lying anyway. :wink:

cookiemonster

holly said:
Your Fortune is Mixed. Someone Insincere Lies to you Right in their Home. Later, they Wish to Talk, to make Amends. Caution Required! A Dark-Haired man and Fair-Haired Woman (silver?) lead you to a New Friend, who brings you Luck and Money.

You have an Implacable Enemy, Cruel and Dangerous. Your Awareness of this Sad Fact protects you. The Enemy will be Vanquished through a Higher Power, and Happiness will Flow to You.

You have am Important Decision to make concerning Travel to meet a Sweetheart. Happiness and Luck follow this decision.
Aside from the last bit which sounds about right (I hope), I'm afraid the cards have chosen to be elliptical with regards to me. Though it is nice to know that when I'm paranoid, I am, it seems, paranoid enough...

holly said:
Your Lucky Gemstone is the Citrine. Find a triangular Cut of this stone. Set it in Gold, and carry it in a Small Tapestry Bag near to your Hand at all times. Your Tree is the Apple: You are Quiet and Shy at Times, have lots of Charm and "appeal," are very Flirtatious despite being Modest, Need Much Emotional Support, are Stubborn to a Fault, but Noble-Minded. Too Attractive to the Opposite Sex, almost.
Interesting. Some parts of this are quite accurate, while others, if defined conventionally, are almost diametrically opposed to how most people experience me, but apply in a sort of skewed sense.

Many thanks O Votary of the Sanctum of Mysteries.

(And I didn't even have to cross anyone's palm with silver, or even molybdenum... :wink: )