Solving Mechanics Queries: Q1-Q3

• Thread starter mr newtein
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mechanics
In summary, the conversation discussed the concept of an object experiencing acceleration when a force is applied to it and the relationship between normal force and weight. It was also mentioned that for collisions of free bodies, it is more useful to use conservation of momentum and energy rather than focusing on individual forces and accelerations. The conversation also briefly mentioned the concept of tension in a string and recommended using Irodov for numerical practice.
mr newtein
Q1-if i apply a force on an object that object moves with acceleration does it mean object becomes like a force f=ma ?
Q2-is normal force a reaction to action of weight,since a force G.F acting on me so i must accelerate and mass*acc.=force so i am acting force on a floor(say) ,OR normal force is a force when two surfaces are in contact each one is acting a force on other and normal force is one of this force.
Q3-block1 is accelerating due to action of external force when it hits another block2, forces on block 2 are force due to block1 it was accelerating and m*a=f and contact force because for short period of time two surfaces will be in contact?
PLEASE HELP ME I AM HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING MECHANIC

Physics news on Phys.org
Q1: The object experiences a force according to f=ma, it does not become a force. It can exert a force on another object if it bumps into it later on.

Q2: Normal force typically refers to two rigid objects in contact and not in motion relative to each other in the direction normal to the surface where they contact. What gives rise to the normal force could be anything but in textbooks they usually mean it as the ground pushing up on an object as gravity pulls it down (This is not the reaction force. The reaction force of Earth's gravity pulling me down is my gravity pulling the Earth up.) The ground's normal force is ultimately electromagnetic forces binding the molecules of the ground together. Also, don't forget that the F in the equation F = ma is the total of all forces acting on the body with mass m. So a block sitting motionless on the ground has a = 0 and therefore F = 0 because the normal forces cancels out gravity.

Q3: For collisions of free bodies, you are better off using conservation of momentum and conservation of energy than forces/accelerations

Thankkkkkkkkkkkkksssss buddy one more thing how a tension in a string occur and for numerical practice WILL i.e irodov will be best
best wishes from india

1. How do I approach solving mechanics queries?

When solving mechanics queries, it is important to first understand the problem and identify the given information. Then, use relevant equations or principles to solve for the unknown variable.

2. Can I solve mechanics queries without using equations?

While equations are helpful in solving mechanics queries, it is possible to solve some problems using principles and concepts. It is important to have a strong understanding of mechanics principles in order to successfully solve queries without equations.

3. How do I check if my solution to a mechanics query is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging in the values you solved for into the original problem and seeing if the equation balances. You can also double check your calculations and make sure they are accurate.

4. Is it important to use proper units when solving mechanics queries?

Yes, using proper units is crucial in mechanics as it ensures that your answer is not only accurate but also makes sense in the context of the problem. Make sure to always convert units if necessary and include the correct units in your final answer.

5. How do I improve my problem-solving skills in mechanics?

Practice is key in improving problem-solving skills in mechanics. Make sure to understand the underlying principles and concepts, and work on various types of problems to strengthen your skills. It can also be helpful to seek guidance from a teacher or tutor if needed.