1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question About AP Physics B

1. Feb 27, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hi,

I am confused with what exactly I need to know and what I do not need to know for this class. Our textbook were using at my school is,

Physics
    for Scientists & Engineers
    with Modern Physics
    Third Edition
    Douglas C. Giancoli

this book covers a lot of stuff that I do not need to know for this class. I know that anything with calculus I do not need for the B exam. This however still leaves me with a lot of topics that I do not know if I need to know or not.

The college board provides this breif curiculm on their website for this course,
    http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/physics_b/topic.html?physicsb. So I am confused as to what I need to know and what I don't as that is a very breif course description.

Like do I need to know about instaneous velocity or torque on a current loop or what a mass spectrometer???

Like is their any more detailed course description that I can find anywhere? Although mass spectrometer does not appear on that website I do believe I have seen it on free response...

So can someone please post a link to a curiculm of what exactly i need to know for the AP Physics B test? Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2010 #2
    There's this marvelous type of person found all over the country, and if you're really really lucky, then one might help you out with this. They're called teachers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook