Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about chemical formula

1. Feb 23, 2004 #1
    Can anyone tell me what the chemical formula for Chlorothyl is. I would appriciate any help, and I will give full credit to the person who answers in my bibliography.
    Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2004 #2
    www.chemfinder.com?
    if not, www.google.com?
    IF NOT (as this is now the case - I did the searching)...then I have come to the conclusion that you cannot spell. This was my first instinct. Chloroethyl perhaps? ClCH2CH2-R where R is whatever your chloroethyl is attached to. Maybe you meant chloroethane? ClCH2CH3? I really don't know.

4. Feb 24, 2004 #3
    Thank you for finding me this information, you were right, I can't spell. The chemical was chloroethyl. Your answer is again, greatly appriciated, and you will be given full credit for the discovery.

5. Feb 24, 2004 #4
    hahah
    Full credit for the discovery? That's alright, there's really no need for that. Just send me a whore as a sign of appreciation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?