Question about chemical formula

In summary, the conversation is about the chemical formula for Chlorothyl and the person is asking for help in finding it. They suggest possible formulas such as Chloroethyl or Chloroethane, but ultimately the correct formula is found to be chloroethyl. The person offering the help will be given credit for the discovery.
MC363A
Can anyone tell me what the chemical formula for Chlorothyl is. I would appreciate any help, and I will give full credit to the person who answers in my bibliography.
Thank you!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
www.chemfinder.com?
if not, www.google.com?
IF NOT (as this is now the case - I did the searching)...then I have come to the conclusion that you cannot spell. This was my first instinct. Chloroethyl perhaps? ClCH2CH2-R where R is whatever your chloroethyl is attached to. Maybe you meant chloroethane? ClCH2CH3? I really don't know.

Thank you for finding me this information, you were right, I can't spell. The chemical was chloroethyl. Your answer is again, greatly appriciated, and you will be given full credit for the discovery.

hahah
Full credit for the discovery? That's alright, there's really no need for that. Just send me a whore as a sign of appreciation.

1. What is a chemical formula?

A chemical formula is a representation of the elements and their ratio in a compound. It shows the number of atoms of each element present in a molecule of the compound.

2. How is a chemical formula written?

A chemical formula is written using the symbols of the elements present in the compound, along with subscripts to indicate the number of atoms of each element. The subscripts are written after the element symbol and are used to show the ratio of elements in the compound.

3. What is the purpose of a chemical formula?

The purpose of a chemical formula is to provide a standardized way of representing compounds, making it easier for scientists to communicate and understand the composition of a substance. It also helps in predicting the properties and behavior of the compound.

4. How do I determine the chemical formula for a compound?

To determine the chemical formula for a compound, you need to know the elements present in the compound and their ratio. This can be determined through experiments or by using the periodic table to find the atomic masses of the elements and their combining ratios.

5. Can a chemical formula change?

Yes, a chemical formula can change if the composition of the compound changes. This can happen through chemical reactions or changes in temperature and pressure. The chemical formula will always reflect the exact ratio of elements present in the compound.