Question about gravity

I wouldn't call it "secret geometry" but just the vibrational part is interesting.

But this is getting totally off topic. Other than that, you guys have helped a lot with understanding on the 2d image.

A.T.
Science Advisor
Thank you for the videos and the links. The second link is very confusing,
It's basically an extension of the two videos, which only show a very short radial fall, while this apps shows what happens if throw something into a tunnel through the planet's center. Since it shows space-time the path of the object is actually an geodesic.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I know this video is by far out of reach of what I'm talking about, but the video shows that everything has a vibrational state ...
No it definitely does not show that. It just shows that a diaphragm has many harmonic modes. This has NOTHING to do with things at the atomic level. If you persist in this concept of "vibration" you are likely to get things wrong.

No it definitely does not show that. It just shows that a diaphragm has many harmonic modes. This has NOTHING to do with things at the atomic level. If you persist in this concept of "vibration" you are likely to get things wrong.

I see. You have been a lot of help, more than I expected. I think that sums it all up.

I think of it as a dimple in space but that's wrong too. It is probably impossible to visualize gravity as a curvature in space-time. The general theory is a consequence of the absolute differential calculus of Levi - Civita. this mathematics allows scientists to use relativity without the brains limited experiences and perceptions to "visualize" it.

Now what I imagine on why there is a pull between atoms, molecules, and objects is because everything is vibrating.
Gravity always attracts, whereas electric and magnetic forces may either attract or repel. A theory of force fields would need to explain that.

Will you say this video is a pretty well explanation of geodesics as you previously explained?

I understand why they use Riemann geometry because there is no mass in space as oppose to planet or star, so it makes sense why they use two different types of geometry to figure it out.

this video seems to me like ray of light travelling across mountain and making some spring

first of all lets talk in fundamental terms
mass is a quantity of matter present inside body.
everything is just made up of matter and matter has some quantity.
That quantity of matter presented inside our body is mass attracted by force
what is that force?
it is gravity
that is called weight
gravity is a force that attracts other bodies due to mass .

if matter is more,more mass,more weight,more gravity.

in this sence i can say mass,weight,matter,gravity are directly proportional to each other.

question on gravity does weight depends on gravity?
yes weight depends upon gravity and gravity is particular force only called force of gravity

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
this video seems to me like ray of light travelling across mountain and making some spring
I don't know what geometry you are thinking of but there is zero possibility that the curves shown could be "ray of light traveling across a mountain"

For the 2d images, perhaps they can tell us it's a shorthand, but then show us an actual 3d image and explain how "Riemann geometry" works.
The 3D model could incorporate time as one of the dimensions. Unlike space, you are unavoidably moving through time no matter what. Also, a spacetime interval is the same in all reference frames.

Dale
Mentor
Insights Author
2020 Award
Closed pending moderation

Edit: some speculative posts have been deleted and the thread is closed.

Last edited: