1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about how to study physics; general question all input is allowed THANKS

1. Sep 26, 2008 #1
    Question about how to study physics; general question all input is allowed:)THANKS

Ok so im a EEN major and while I know there are others with alot harder course load im taking...Vector Cal(252). university physics 2(242). arabic 2(112), and busniess course(business magt. is my minor)...and I work 22 hours a week...
    Im having a HEck of a time understanding My physics classes chapters on magnetism and faraday's eqns...coulombs eqn's and other close related topics...
    ANY TIPS?!?!?!?
    Physics is the only classes thats really killing me...
    and does anyone else use "masteringphysics.com" for online homeowrk? Its a pain....why cant cramster.com havemasteringphysics stuff on it....:(

Anyway...thanks for reading.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2008 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Re: Question about how to study physics; general question all input is allowed:)THANK

If you're studying full time and working 22 hours a week, I think that is your problem.

4. Sep 27, 2008 #3
    Re: Question about how to study physics; general question all input is allowed:)THANK

What is an EEN major?

5. Sep 29, 2008 #4

EEn is a major in Electronic Engineering

6. Sep 29, 2008 #5

I can see your problem is that your taking a Full Load in a semester and working 22 hours is only going to make it worst. Have you ever considered doing part time? You're probably in the same position as I am (studying EE too) and have car payments, bills, pet food to buy, so money is really need, but if not then quit your job.

You should drop 1 or 2 courses, and just focus on the remainder. It is better to work for an A (taking less courses) than having struggle barely coming out alive with B - C grades and learning nothing from the course. Even if you did some how manage to pull through, the lack of depth and understanding in the material is going to come back and eat you later on when you're taking tougher courses that requires good level of math and physics involved.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?