Question about Israel/Palestine Conflict?

• Thread starter Dooga Blackrazor
  • Start date
In summary, the conflict between Israel and Palestine goes back many years and is still ongoing. It is a complex issue that requires a lot of reading and knowledge to understand.
Dooga Blackrazor
Can someone explain to me what this is about? I have a hard time understanding it, and I have heard it goes quite a ways back. As far as I know, it is a dispute over land.

Physics news on Phys.org
Turn off the cartoons and turn on the news (thats CBC for you). You are 1 year away from voting. Educate yourself of politics,...FAST.

Wow, I guess I'm not going to get a simple, one-sentence explanation. It will be an interesting read, for sure, and now that I am done my exams I have the time to read it.

Edit: I just saw cyrus' post.

I do watch CBC all the time. I just don't have a lot of information on this particular issue. I already know who to vote for, and it depends on if the party is avaliable. If not, I will just vote NDP.

Last edited:
Here's a one sentence explanation:

As an aftermath of World War II there are two populations of people, the Palestinians and the Israelis, who both believe that they should be in control of the land that the political state Israel is currently on.

Don't do that Nate, make him read on his own! A one sentence explination really does no good. You have to read and read and read and watch and watch and watch the news about it, for years.

Informed voters my hat.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Don't do that Nate, make him read on his own! A one sentence explination really does no good. You have to read and read and read and watch and watch and watch the news about it, for years.
You're completely right, there's simply far to much history to understand it in one sentence. Try these Dooga, for a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasser_Arafat, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_Accords, and this is a pretty comprehensive look at the very beginning of the conflict, http://www.raceandhistory.com/worldhotspots/Israel.htm.

Maybe he doesn't have years to find out the situation? Come on people, surely somebody most be able to give a brief description of the situation in Israel?

And No, i don't know either.

Andy said:
Maybe he doesn't have years to find out the situation? Come on people, surely somebody most be able to give a brief description of the situation in Israel?

And No, i don't know either.
No, there is no short explanation to the situation. Like anything else, you have to read about it and study it to truly understand it. There is a wealth of information, all you have to do is go out and get. Nobody is going to spoon feed it to you and expect you to be well informed, it just won't work.

1. What is the root cause of the Israel/Palestine conflict?

The Israel/Palestine conflict has its roots in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, when both Jews and Arabs began to claim the land of Palestine as their own. The conflict escalated with the establishment of the modern state of Israel in 1948 and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians.

2. How has the international community responded to the Israel/Palestine conflict?

The international community has been actively involved in trying to resolve the Israel/Palestine conflict for decades. The United Nations has passed numerous resolutions and established peacekeeping operations in the region. Various countries and organizations have also attempted to mediate negotiations between Israel and Palestine, with limited success.

3. What is the current situation in Israel and Palestine?

The current situation in Israel and Palestine is characterized by ongoing violence and political tensions. Israel continues to occupy and control Palestinian territories, while Palestinians face restricted movement, limited access to resources, and frequent military action. Both sides have engaged in acts of violence and terrorism, leading to a cycle of retaliation and reprisals.

4. Is there a possible solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict?

Many solutions have been proposed to resolve the Israel/Palestine conflict, including a two-state solution, a binational state, and various forms of autonomy and shared governance. However, finding a solution that is acceptable to both sides and can be implemented has proven to be a significant challenge.

5. How does the Israel/Palestine conflict impact the rest of the world?

The Israel/Palestine conflict has global implications, as it is a major source of tension in the Middle East and a significant factor in regional instability. It also has broader implications for international relations, with various countries taking sides and getting involved in the conflict. Additionally, the ongoing conflict has displaced millions of Palestinians and has had a significant impact on the global refugee crisis.