Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about Matlab

1. Apr 16, 2009 #1
    I am asking matlab to run a program I created. This program requires a huge calcul of integrals. If I reduce the number of integrals (which I can't if I want to study the real case) the program gives me a correct result. But if I keep it with all his calculs (nearly 1200 integrals), I have the answer :" Error, (in csgn) integer too large in context ". Why is that and how can I solve it?

thx in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 17, 2009 #2

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

I don't know this exact error, but you should set a breakpoint, or toggle the "stop if error" breakpoint option. You'll be able to figure out exactly where (as in which line) your script is breaking down. More MATLAB M-File debugging tips:
    http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1200/1207.html

(BTW, you may want to run the intmax command: returns the maximum integer size on your system, which may or may not tell you why the command is failing).

4. Apr 17, 2009 #3

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Hi Sabine,

I don't understand your PM. If you don't know how to set breakpoints, or set the "stop if error" option, see Section 7 in the link above.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook