Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about recovering photos on Android

1. Mar 24, 2017 #1
    Got a folder of images deleted when backing up data to my computer. I checked the trash bin but can't locate them in there.

I searched in Google and there are a bunch of solutions out there. The problem is that most of the apps require the phone being rooted. Please suggest me a way to recover the photos without root.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Mar 25, 2017 #3
    Nope, both of the programs need root access. jus tested it on my computer.

5. Mar 25, 2017 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

The problem here is that without root access the apps can't look in directories that they don't own.

6. Mar 27, 2017 #5
    Then I know the reason. thanks for the tip. Will get the phone rooted first

7. Mar 28, 2017 #6
    Did you have a backup there? If have one, then try to restore your backup! If you didn't have a backup, the last hope is try to retrieve deleted photos from your Android phone, as you said, there are many app only works for rooted phone, that's right! nearly all Android data recovery tool only works for rooted phone!

in there are many other tools like Tunesbro disklab for Android, aisesoft labphone, Refonesoft.
    and more...

8. Mar 29, 2017 #7
    Unfortunately, I forgot to backup the photos. This is a big mistake, lol

9. Mar 30, 2017 #8
  10. Apr 6, 2017 #9
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted