Spring Permanent After Cutting: What Happens?

• Thread starter NoRemorse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Spring
In summary, the conversation discusses the effect of cutting a spring in half on its size and spring constant. The spring constant, also known as the spring's permanent, is inversely proportional to the length of the spring and in this case, it will double. The correct term for this property is spring constant, not permanent.
NoRemorse
hi!
i have a question about the spring's permanent.
if i have a spring with:
size: 2L
permanent: K
and i cut it in half so i now have in my hand a spring like that:
size: L
permanent: and here is the problem- i don't know what happens to the spring's permanent in this case...
is it 2K? does it stay the same?
please help, Thanks :)

Physics news on Phys.org
It stays the same. And, in English, it is called 'constant', not 'permanent'.

Edit: oopss...further googling reveals it doubles.

Last edited:
firstly please tell which language do you use for learning physics.its spring constant and not permanent.
however the spring constant in this case will be 2K.
this is because the spring canst. is inversely proportional to the length of the spring i.e KL=constant(1)

1. What is spring permanent after cutting?

Spring permanent after cutting refers to the regrowth of plants after being cut or trimmed during the spring season. This process is a natural response of plants to promote new growth and ensure their survival.

2. How does spring permanent after cutting benefit plants?

Spring permanent after cutting helps plants by promoting new growth and rejuvenating their overall health. It allows for the removal of dead or damaged parts and encourages the development of new leaves, flowers, and fruits.

3. What environmental factors influence spring permanent after cutting?

Factors such as temperature, sunlight, and moisture can all affect the rate and success of spring permanent after cutting. Plants in warmer climates may experience faster regrowth compared to those in colder regions. Adequate sunlight and water are also crucial for promoting healthy regrowth.

4. Is there a proper way to cut or trim plants for spring permanent after cutting?

Yes, there are recommended techniques for cutting or trimming plants to encourage spring permanent after cutting. It is important to use clean and sharp tools to avoid damaging the plant. Cutting at a 45-degree angle just above a node or bud can promote new growth.

5. Are there any plants that do not experience spring permanent after cutting?

Yes, some plants may not experience spring permanent after cutting due to their growth habits or seasonal changes. For example, evergreen plants do not go through a dormant period and may not experience significant regrowth after being cut. It is important to research specific plant species before attempting to cut or trim them.