Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about Tesla

1. Mar 24, 2015 #1
    I'm starting to read about physics, and I was watching a video saying that the light doesn't actually move.
    And I ended up reading this comment on youtube:

"Tesla teaches that every point of the universe is the same point and each point is capable of infinite expression. Wave field turn on/off so fast an illusion of solidity is created. Your own physical body is living and dying switching on/off, but the inertia creates the impression of a continuum, just like the 'motion' of the light bank"

Is this true?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2015 #2
    Tesla also didn't believe in electrons, so I'd say not likely.

4. Mar 24, 2015 #3

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

nice response, axmls :smile:

5. Mar 24, 2015 #4
    and this statement "Wave field turn on/off so fast an illusion of solidity is created" , have any sense?

6. Mar 24, 2015 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

You should not use YouTube videos and Tesla quotes to learn about real physics. There are much better and more reliable sources of information.

No.

We do not discuss pseudo-science here on the PF. We are a mainstream scientific website. Please use mainstream sources of information for your learning about science. Thread is locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook