Is Tesla's Concept of Infinite Expression Supported by Physics?

• Thread starter Rajkovic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tesla
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea that the light does not actually move and that every point in the universe is capable of infinite expression according to Tesla. However, this information is not considered reliable and the statement about wave fields creating an illusion of solidity is deemed to have no sense. It is recommended to use reputable sources for learning about science rather than YouTube videos and quotes from individuals like Tesla.
Rajkovic
I'm starting to read about physics, and I was watching a video saying that the light doesn't actually move.
And I ended up reading this comment on youtube:

"Tesla teaches that every point of the universe is the same point and each point is capable of infinite expression. Wave field turn on/off so fast an illusion of solidity is created. Your own physical body is living and dying switching on/off, but the inertia creates the impression of a continuum, just like the 'motion' of the light bank"

Is this true?

Physics news on Phys.org
Tesla also didn't believe in electrons, so I'd say not likely.

Likes berkeman and davenn
nice response, axmls :smile:

and this statement "Wave field turn on/off so fast an illusion of solidity is created" , have any sense?

Rajkovic said:
I'm starting to read about physics, and I was watching a video saying that the light doesn't actually move.
And I ended up reading this comment on youtube:

"Tesla teaches that every point of the universe is the same point and each point is capable of infinite expression. Wave field turn on/off so fast an illusion of solidity is created. Your own physical body is living and dying switching on/off, but the inertia creates the impression of a continuum, just like the 'motion' of the light bank"

Is this true?

You should not use YouTube videos and Tesla quotes to learn about real physics. There are much better and more reliable sources of information.

Rajkovic said:
and this statement "Wave field turn on/off so fast an illusion of solidity is created" , have any sense?

No.

We do not discuss pseudo-science here on the PF. We are a mainstream scientific website. Please use mainstream sources of information for your learning about science. Thread is locked.

1. What is Tesla's concept of infinite expression?

Tesla's concept of infinite expression refers to the idea that the universe is made up of a continuous and infinite energy field that can be harnessed and manipulated through various means, such as electromagnetic waves and vibrations.

2. Is this concept supported by physics?

There is ongoing debate among scientists about the validity of Tesla's concept of infinite expression. While some theories in physics, such as quantum mechanics and string theory, support the idea of an underlying energy field, there is currently no concrete evidence to fully support or disprove Tesla's specific concept.

3. How does Tesla's concept relate to his inventions?

Tesla's concept of infinite expression heavily influenced his inventions, particularly his work in electromagnetic technology. He believed that by tapping into the energy of the universe, he could create more efficient and powerful machines, such as his famous Tesla coil.

4. Can Tesla's concept be tested or proven?

At this time, there is no way to definitively test or prove Tesla's concept of infinite expression. However, some scientists continue to study and explore this concept, and it is possible that future advances in technology and understanding of the universe may shed more light on its validity.

5. How does Tesla's concept compare to other theories in physics?

Tesla's concept of infinite expression is similar in some ways to other theories in physics, such as the concept of a unified field theory, which seeks to explain all fundamental forces and particles in the universe. However, there are also significant differences, and Tesla's concept remains a unique and controversial idea in the scientific community.