Where Should I Post My Physics/Calculus Question?

• Thread starter Izzhov
  • Start date
In summary, a new user is seeking guidance on where to post a physics/calculus question that they have created themselves. They mistakenly posted it in the wrong forum and are requesting to have it moved to the correct forum. The response advises them to post it in the homework help forum if it is related to coursework, and assures them that their question will be moved to the appropriate forum for an answer.
Izzhov
I am new here, and I have a question about questions. I have a physics/calculus question, but it isn't a homework or classwork question (i.e. It's one I just made up). I have no idea how to solve it, nor which equations are involved. Which forum should I post my question in?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oops! I wanted to put this in the regular General Discussion! Can it be moved please?

If it's still a coursework type question (i.e., something you made up to help yourself study or learn the material), then it should still go in the homework help forum.

As long as it is a question and is not a personal theory, post the question here and we can move it to the appropriate forum to be answered.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of the forums?

The forums are designed to facilitate discussion and sharing of ideas among members of the scientific community. It is a platform for asking and answering questions, sharing research and resources, and connecting with others in the field.

2. How do I create an account on the forums?

To create an account on the forums, simply click on the "Sign Up" button and fill in the required information. You will then receive a confirmation email to activate your account.

3. Can I post anonymously on the forums?

No, you cannot post anonymously on the forums. We encourage open and honest discussions, and therefore, all posts must be made under a registered username.

4. How can I report inappropriate content on the forums?

If you come across any content that violates our community guidelines, you can report it by clicking on the "Report" button located under the post. Our moderators will review the report and take appropriate action.

5. Are there any rules for posting on the forums?

Yes, we have a set of community guidelines that all users must abide by when posting on the forums. These guidelines help maintain a respectful and productive environment for all members. Please make sure to read them before posting.