Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about the movie Paycheck

1. Dec 24, 2004 #1
    Question about the movie "Paycheck"

I was watching this movie last night "paycheck" and got to a point in the movie which made me kinda confused.

They said something about building a new type of lens that could basicaly curved around the earth. For example- your on top of Mt. Everest and when you look through the lens, you would see yourself in the future.

I can't figure out how you could see yourself in the future. Can someone help me out?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2004 #2
    Sorry, haven't seen this movie (would probably give me deja vu)

Anyway, I do not see myself in the future although I definately see myself a thing of the past. :smile:
  4. Dec 24, 2004 #3
    It's just a stupid movie. Emphasis on stupid.
  5. Dec 25, 2004 #4
    Oh you must be talking about Charandaskar's Lens Obscura. This is the lens that doesn't exist and I just made up the name. Although Charandaskar is someone's name, namely Charandaskar. Hope this helps.
  6. Dec 25, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're not supposed to think too hard about it. The movie is much better if you turn your brain off first.
  7. Dec 25, 2004 #6
    I figured i was thinking to hard about it. The first thing that caught my eye in the movie was that Ben Affleck was a scientist. Uma more then made up for this crappy movie :!!)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?