Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about the universe

1. Jun 13, 2006 #1
    I don't know about you, but I know that everything has limits. So I have a question; Is the universe just three dimensions plus time and contain just the forces, energies, and laws of physics that we know about; or is there more dimensions and physics laws, energies and forces that are in this universe and cannot be percieved by our senses or visualized?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2006 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If we can answer your question, we would have already known everything in the universe now, don't we?

Furthermore, if there is something that we can't perceive, then what difference does it make since obviously, by definition, it has no effect at all on our universe. We can't tell if it exists or not. A discussion about something we can't perceive in any way whatsoever is not within the realm of physics.

4. Jun 13, 2006 #3
    Whoa that's deep, and I'm far from being an expert, but my guess would be that we will never know, if we cannot percieve them, then I doubt we would know they exsist, just my thoughts anyway...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?