What is the Best Forum for Physics Homework Help?

• Thread starter rude man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Board
In summary, the conversation is about the confusion regarding the appropriate forum for physics homework questions. The person responding suggests going to a specific physics homework forum and clarifies the meaning of "calc & beyond" in the forum title.
rude man
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member

Homework Statement

I notice practically all the questions are really math, not physics. Is there a real physics homework forum?

Homework Equations

Like F = ma or ΔS = ∫dQ/T ... like that?

The Attempt at a Solution

Not up to me ...

Physics news on Phys.org
rude man said:

Homework Statement

I notice practically all the questions are really math, not physics. Is there a real physics homework forum?

Homework Equations

Like F = ma or ΔS = ∫dQ/T ... like that?

The Attempt at a Solution

Not up to me ...

You have posted this in "Calculus & Beyond", which are only math questions. If you want physics homework questions, then go to https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152 and select the appropriate physics homework forum...

Big 10-4. I thought "calc & beyond' referred to the level of mathematics dealing with the physics. Mea culpa. Thanks.

What is the purpose of this board?

The purpose of this board is to ask and answer questions related to a specific topic or subject. It can serve as a platform for information sharing and discussion among individuals interested in the topic.

How do I post a question on this board?

To post a question on this board, you can click on the "Ask a Question" button on the top right corner of the page. You will then be prompted to provide a title, description, and any relevant tags for your question.

Can I answer a question that has already been posted?

Yes, you can answer a question that has already been posted by clicking on the question and typing your answer in the designated box. You can also upvote or downvote existing answers based on their helpfulness.

How do I search for a specific question on this board?

You can use the search bar located at the top of the page to search for a specific question. You can also filter the search results by using tags or sorting by most recent or most popular.

Is there a limit to the number of questions I can ask on this board?

No, there is no limit to the number of questions you can ask on this board. However, we recommend that you search for existing questions before posting a new one to avoid duplicate threads.