Question about TI Calculators

In summary: Maybe it's because it's a classic and collectors are willing to pay more for it. In summary, the TI-89 is more expensive than the TI-89 Titanium on Amazon because it has more advanced features such as a computer algebra system. Both models have differences in memory size, but the TI-89 Titanium is considered to be better. It is unclear why the older version is more expensive, but it is recommended to take advantage of sales on Amazon to get a better product for a cheaper price.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Amazon often has sales and sometimes you can get a better product for cheaper.

Corporations do do this, you know. For example, at McDonald's I can get a 99cent extra large soda for cheaper than I can get a medium, 1.29, I believe.

Looks like a good time to buy a ti-89, and yes it's better than both those other two calculators. It's been a good one in my experience, however, I want to get a RPN program for it.

The TI-89 has what is called a computer algebra system or CAS, which can locate symbolic solutions to problems, like finding derivatives, integrals, and whether or not infinite series converge.

The TI-83 can only find numerical solutions to problems, like the roots of polynomials and the coefficients of systems of linear equations.

And I have no idea why the older version of the TI-89 is more expensive.

1. What are TI calculators used for?

Texas Instruments (TI) calculators are used for a variety of mathematical and scientific calculations, including basic arithmetic, graphing, statistics, and programming.

2. Which TI calculator is best for high school students?

The TI-84 Plus CE is a popular option for high school students as it has a user-friendly interface, can perform most necessary calculations, and is allowed on most standardized tests.

3. Can TI calculators be used on standardized tests?

Most TI calculators are allowed on standardized tests, but it is important to check the specific rules and regulations of the test you are taking. The TI-84 Plus CE and TI-Nspire CX models are commonly allowed.

4. What is the difference between TI calculator models?

There are several differences between TI calculator models, including the types of calculations they can perform, their memory and speed capabilities, and their user interface. Some models also have additional features such as color screens and touchpads.

5. Are there any tips for using TI calculators more efficiently?

Some tips for using TI calculators more efficiently include learning keyboard shortcuts, utilizing the catalog function, and taking advantage of programming capabilities. It is also helpful to regularly check for software updates and practice using the calculator to improve speed and accuracy.